Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Whats the cheapest grocery in Boro Park?
Previous  1  2

Which store is the cheapest?
Rosners  
 26%  [ 20 ]
KRM  
 38%  [ 29 ]
Appetizing Plus  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Bingo  
 29%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 75

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 11:51 pm
Appetizing on 18&48

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
Bingo is my latest go to store. Great
At selection and prices on produce paper goods fish and bakery. But nuts and nosh are expensive. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes today!

Paper goods at Bingo?

You mean the pack of 100 paper plates for about 1.50 that you can get in every store for that price? From what I remeber the plastic plates were not cheaper there either.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 12:08 am
I did not make a spreadsheat comparing prices of every items but these are some items I noticed. Plastic cups $260 for 300. Clear plastic plates my shvig uses when lots of guest for Shabbis 1.99...3.50 in krm. Today I got 8 cupcakes disposal bekelech for 1.99.
I dont use paper plates but the plastic was $2 a pack. Not cheaper anywere else.

I was able to shop without the pushing, shoving, waiting for parking, shopping on the street, waiting on long line, searching for right item on cluttered shelves,or claustrophobia.

There, I itentified my feelings and the pros of the store.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 12:11 am
Op, you need to try out for yourself the stores that seem interesting according to the information in the thread see what works for you. Everyone has different priorities when shopping.

seeker

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 12:55 pm
I can't seem to find the other thread where people were asking this; does anyone know whose hashgacha Bingo has on chicken/meat?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:16 pm
OLD thread but somewhat connected-does bingo except sold stamps and credit cards?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
OLD thread but somewhat connected-does bingo except sold stamps and credit cards?

For sure credit cards. I would assume food stamps too.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:27 pm
seeker wrote:
I can't seem to find the other thread where people were asking this; does anyone know whose hashgacha Bingo has on chicken/meat?

Some sort of satmar based hashgacha IIRC. They also carry a bet yosef line as well, also seems to be satmar type based but I don't remember off hand.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:49 pm
amother wrote:

yes

shaitalmacher

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:10 pm
We started saving by going to Rosners!!! Bingo has the cheapest fish, but for some reason doesn't taste the same.

shaitalmacher

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:11 pm
Rosners has the cheapest produce and its good!! Cheapest pans 10 for $1..

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 2:30 am
I haven't compared the stores but bingo can have great deals. However, it won't come out cheaper since you will end up buying a lot more Bec of sales and there are extras all over

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:00 am
KRM used to be the cheapest. Appetizing is a lot cheaper today's days. Especially in paper goods.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:05 am
seeker wrote:
If I wanted to stock up on meat, fish, and cheese all in one place I'd probably go with Moisha's. They have a nice selection of all those things, reasonable prices, and generally well stocked.

KRM and Moisha's are the same management and have a lot in common. Besides for sales (where there is a lot of overlap but some differences) their prices are similar. The sales and selection cater a little more to each neighborhood (KRM - Boro Park, more traditional; Moisha's - Flatbush, more diverse) but I've noticed KRM catching up (like you used to find things like organic quinoa in Moisha's and not KRM, now there's more of that type of thing in KRM too)

I usually look up all the sales on watsonsale.com before heading into Brooklyn to decide where to go. Believe it or not a week or so ago I went to Gourmet Glatt, which I'd never paid attention to before, because they had really good sales on literally everything I needed, and it was great!

If you live in Brooklyn you might prefer to stock up with a big KRM/Moisha's type of trip for meat etc once a month, and then replenish your perishables at Rosner's weekly.

Not with Nosh. Somehow Flatbush has a smaller selection in General of Heimishe nosh. My mother buys her shabbos party for her Masores students in Appetizing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics