Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How to reuse chicken

sallytd

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:10 pm
I have a pan of chicken on the bone left over from shabbos. What can I make out of it as a new supper? Any ideas will be appreciated!

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:32 pm
I would serve it as leftovers just as it is, but you can cut the chicken off the bone and make something else with it.

Chicken lo mein
Tacos
Stir fry
Wraps
Pot pie

sallytd

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 7:34 pm
Lol.. already did on Sunday;)

Thanks for those ideas!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 11:23 pm
I like to cube it up and serve cold over fresh salad or make pot pie. You can also also make shredded chicken sandwiches. Cook it in sauce and shred when hot, then pile onto Caesar rolls with sauteed onions.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 12:15 am
Bone broth soup! Cut as much good meat off as you can, chop, and set aside.

Boil the rest of the chicken parts with a half an onion and a stalk of celery. Turn down to simmer and ignore it for a few hours, until it's rich golden brown. Strain off the liquid and toss out all the solids.

Put the broth in the refrigerator, and when it's completely cold skim off all the fat. Set the fat aside. Chop up a bunch of your favorite soup vegetables, and sautee them in the chicken fat. Add the broth, and simmer gently until the veggies are tender. Add the reserved chicken meat at the last minute. Adjust salt as needed at the very end.

This is full of all the wonderful vitamins and minerals, and you don't waste a scrap. Freeze and save it for when someone is sick, or serve it now. Extra yummy with matza balls to soak up all that rich broth.

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 8:24 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Bone broth soup! Cut as much good meat off as you can, chop, and set aside.

Boil the rest of the chicken parts with a half an onion and a stalk of celery. Turn down to simmer and ignore it for a few hours, until it's rich golden brown. Strain off the liquid and toss out all the solids.

Put the broth in the refrigerator, and when it's completely cold skim off all the fat. Set the fat aside. Chop up a bunch of your favorite soup vegetables, and sautee them in the chicken fat. Add the broth, and simmer gently until the veggies are tender. Add the reserved chicken meat at the last minute. Adjust salt as needed at the very end.

This is full of all the wonderful vitamins and minerals, and you don't waste a scrap. Freeze and save it for when someone is sick, or serve it now. Extra yummy with matza balls to soak up all that rich broth.

Sorry, this is a dumb question. What is the difference between "bone broth" that everyone always says is so healthy, and regular old chicken soup? Is it just that the bones were cooked first? Can you reuse the bones from the chicken you boiled in soup for this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey