Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
So overwhelmed with keeping house semi clean
Previous  1  2  3

lefty1

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 4:45 am
lots of good advice here. also if you have too much stuff/not enough storage space that can def add to mess and make cleaning harder. also I try to make staying neat convenient - I have wipes and toilet cleaner in each bathroom, I noticed laundry was getting dropped places so I have a hamper in every bedroom and by the shower. maybe your husband can be in charge of some things.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 8:37 am
Keeping an apartment clean is a lot of work. It takes at least 2 hours every day just to stay on top of it.
I do laundry every day but that's easy.. the machine does the work. Washing dishes and cooking takes the most time imo . For meaty we have a dishwasher. Also you don't have to do it all alone? Your husband isn't a prince.
My husband does the dishes sometimes and he makes dinner sometimes. He takes out the trash daily. He vaccums the living room and kitchen once a week and I do it the rest of the week.
I clean the windows once a month. I clean the bathroom daily and the fridge once in 2 weeks. That's basically it. Bed sheets are changed once a week.. we do that together because we both hate it.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 8:39 am
amother wrote:
That sounds great but I have like 3 diff lives! I have 2 full time jobs and I'm a wife and mom. Cleaning the fridge just doesnt happen!!

There are so many germs in the fridge... After I read about it I got really strict about cleaning it. I'd rather not vaccuum one day but clean the fridge instead

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 9:17 am
I also had a baby right away and work part time. I am lucky because I get satisfaction from housework (different than enjoying it) and it comes automatically to me.

What helps is that I have daily and weekly routines. I also have help from husband. Between the 2 of us here are some examples

Daily or as needed:
counters
laundry
dishes
dishwasher
sweep

Weekly:
floors etc.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 18 2018, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

dinatov

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 3:03 pm
My handy little quick-cleaning tricks that I keep in almost every room:
-Household wipes (Like Kirkland or Clorox)
-Paper towels and windex
-Room freshener spray

I recently purchased the glad air spray freshener thingy that sprays some room freshener every x amount of minutes for my bathroom and the place always smells fresh now! Loving it.

So, for me, it's basically about those little tricks that take 15 secs but make me feel better about my house. Once a week I'll clean with the more heavy duty stuff, but these little guys keep my house -looking- clean!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry