Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me choose a new camera

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:20 pm
I had a SX200 for a while now. but now when I need it to document and photoshoot my daughters cysts daily so her doctor can monitor it, it decided to go on vacation and give me trouble opening/closing the lens and creating blurry photos...

Here's what I need:
I had good experience with Canon, so I think will stick to that.
something more then an Elph as I do "professional pictures' of my kids myself
not to big/klutzy- still need to do snapshots of kids randomly around the house (and I don't own smartphone or ipad/ipod to use that for snapshots)
Budget? I have no $.... but due to above factor I will need to get a camera...

I figure with blackfriday sales I may find something higherend on sale and H' will somehow send me the means to it...

TIA!

Stars

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:50 pm
The Canon G series is excellent and seems to be what you're looking for. You can get it refurbished and/or get one or two models older than the current one to get a better price. Call b&h, they are very helpful.

gande

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:03 pm
As stars suggested. You can get the g series old model on ebay for very good price. For example the g12 was a great model and its selling for under $200.

creditcards

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:07 pm
I was gonna say the G12. Or G15.
Looks like others suggested it already. So probably is what you are looking for.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:50 pm
Thanks everyone!
I see G7 & G9 on B&H but no G12 or G15. same with Adorama. maybe it's totally off the shelf?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:55 pm
Also, I guess the G is a higher-end model than the SX? how about the portability and size? The SX I have is quite sleek (like double than an elph) compared to some of those huge cameras.

What about the shaking factor? y'know, when you try to take a family picture yourself and it includes a couple of preschoolers...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:59 pm
Another question...

I see Focus advertised in the Weekly Link- they have the G9 x on sale for $349 after rebate. is that a good choice?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 5:57 pm
I'm also looking for two new cameras- one for us and one for a teen. Do these type of cameras- like the g series of canon, also video? Or do these cameras only take pictures? Also are there other cameras in 100-300 range for the teen and 400 -700 for us, that would be highly recommended? And so those also video? Or is that not what better cameras do?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:47 pm
amother wrote:
I'm also looking for two new cameras- one for us and one for a teen. Do these type of cameras- like the g series of canon, also video? Or do these cameras only take pictures? Also are there other cameras in 100-300 range for the teen and 400 -700 for us, that would be highly recommended? And so those also video? Or is that not what better cameras do?

All cameras include video as well. You might be able to find a good deal in the July 4th sales. Or Amazon Prime day (July 10).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics