Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Supportive sports bra for overweight 10 year old

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:38 am
My daughter refuses to wear a back closure bra. She's embarrassed that others should see she wears a bra at such a young age. She has now the regular sports bra but it gives no support at all. Any recommendations for a good sports bra with adjustable straps?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 5:48 pm
Anyone?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:25 pm
A 10 year old doesn't need much support. Take her for a professional fitting for tight sports bras. If they're not loose they should look good.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:43 pm
What about a bra with the closure at the front? There are some good supportive sports bras that do that.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:22 pm
The local stores here don't have options for sports bra. She's already developed and needs good support. I'm thinking to try front closure but most come padded which she doesn't need cuz it will make her look even more full.

kenz

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
The local stores here don't have options for sports bra. She's already developed and needs good support. I'm thinking to try front closure but most come padded which she doesn't need cuz it will make her look even more full.

Just has my daughter fitted at Myself Lingerie in Boro Park and they gave her Wacoal underwire sports bra after she rejected several regular bras for discomfort. It wasn’t cheap ($65) but I found it online in funky colors for half the price so I bought one and am going to get her others that way.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 3:36 am
kenz wrote:
Just has my daughter fitted at Myself Lingerie in Boro Park and they gave her Wacoal underwire sports bra after she rejected several regular bras for discomfort. It wasn’t cheap ($65) but I found it online in funky colors for half the price so I bought one and am going to get her others that way.

Would you mind providing the link? Ty

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 6:16 am
kenz wrote:

Thanks. Do those have hooks in the back? I'm looking for ones without back closure.

kenz

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
Would you mind providing the link? Ty

I bought it at Macy's and the cheaper color just sold out but just do a search for
Wacoal Sport High-Impact Underwire Bra 855170
I saw it for sale in lavender in other places and it's definitely available all over for full price. I do recommend you get her professionally fitted the first time though.

kenz

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:20 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. Do those have hooks in the back? I'm looking for ones without back closure.

It does, I don't think you can get an underwire without hooks. But my daughter didn't mind it.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:46 am
amother wrote:
My daughter refuses to wear a back closure bra. She's embarrassed that others should see she wears a bra at such a young age. She has now the regular sports bra but it gives no support at all. Any recommendations for a good sports bra with adjustable straps?

I'm going to be mean here, but I don't think that that's a good idea, depending on her size. My sister was a DD at age 10 and by 14 was a G. Sports bras are NOT supportive for big sizes and although she was embarrassed, you have to get over that. I mean seriously, it's not like people are going to be surprised she is wearing such a bra if she has such large breasts. It's not like her size is a secret, it's fully visible.

Puberty is getting earlier....perhaps you can try and find someone her age with the same issue for her to connect with and feel more normal. There's plenty of girls like her.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:57 am
Maybe you can find something here: https://www.titlenine.com/cate.....;cx=0

Or here: https://athleta.gap.com/browse.....36326

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 9:20 am
amother wrote:
I'm going to be mean here, but I don't think that that's a good idea, depending on her size. My sister was a DD at age 10 and by 14 was a G. Sports bras are NOT supportive for big sizes and although she was embarrassed, you have to get over that. I mean seriously, it's not like people are going to be surprised she is wearing such a bra if she has such large breasts. It's not like her size is a secret, it's fully visible.

Puberty is getting earlier....perhaps you can try and find someone her age with the same issue for her to connect with and feel more normal. There's plenty of girls like her.

Supportive sports bras are ... supportive. How do you think larger women exercise?

OP, try Athleta, Jockey and Maidenform, all of which have front zip sports bras. Or check This

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 9:22 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Supportive sports bras are ... supportive. How do you think larger women exercise?

OP, try Athleta, Jockey and Maidenform, all of which have front zip sports bras. Or check This

Not meant to be worn all the time, just for excersize...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 11:01 am
What would be the benefit (in general) of a front closure bra?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 11:08 am
The sales lady at nordstrom told me that a front close bra is really not a good choice for someone large breasted. It wont be supportive enough.

kenz

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 11:42 am
amother wrote:

The one I posted about is underwire with hooks and just as supportive as a regular bra.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics