Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Naive question?

jjudithc

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 9:37 am
If I put on false eyelashes (never have before!) on erev Shabbat, are they gonna come off before, say, shalosh seudos?

(I'm a stomach sleeper if that makes a difference.)

I feel like this is probably a dumb question, but I gotta ask.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 9:42 am
It should last a good day or two. I had to remove them each time myself- none of the pieces came off on its own.

jjudithc

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 9:44 am
flowerpower wrote:
It should last a good day or two. I had to remove them each time myself- none of the pieces came off on its own.

Oh really?? I totally thought they'd come right off. Didn't know whether I'd somehow have to apply super glue. LOL Thank you! Any particular brand you can recommend? I mean, would you just grab any off the shelf at Walmart, e.g.? Very Happy

I always feel like so many frum women know alllll the makeup tricks and I know nothing.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 9:49 am
jjudithc wrote:
Oh really?? I totally thought they'd come right off. Didn't know whether I'd somehow have to apply super glue. LOL Thank you! Any particular brand you can recommend? I mean, would you just grab any off the shelf at Walmart, e.g.? Very Happy

I always feel like so many frum women know alllll the makeup tricks and I know nothing.

I love makeup and have a massive collection, and so do a lot of my friends. I know more than any of my friends, tricks, tips, etc, I watch many many youtube videos. I have never seen a frum person use false lashes nor have any idea how I would do it. Most youtubers do it off camera.

That's not to say I won't try it someday, nor you shouldn't do it. They sound and look fun! I just know I'd get addicted....so yeah.

Don't feel like an idiot. Most people I know haven't heard of false lashes lol

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 10:00 am
Lately I also became more into my makeup. And after having my face done professionally I was totally obsessed with false lashes and wanted to try then myself. Im curious which is easier to apply the strip or individuals? I actually tried the strip and was having a hard time... was wondering if individuals is easier...

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 10:05 am
Does anyone know anything about the magnetic ones?

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 11:34 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I love makeup and have a massive collection, and so do a lot of my friends. I know more than any of my friends, tricks, tips, etc, I watch many many youtube videos. I have never seen a frum person use false lashes nor have any idea how I would do it. Most youtubers do it off camera.

That's not to say I won't try it someday, nor you shouldn't do it. They sound and look fun! I just know I'd get addicted....so yeah.

Lol! Go to any frum wedding - you will see plenty of false lashes!!

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:00 pm
the individual ones are more natural looking and you don't have to put them everywhere. if one falls off you prob wont notice. but the full lash ones can easily look very tacky and, ahem, slutty. so just make sure you buy nice whispy natural looking ones. research on youtube first.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
Lol! Go to any frum wedding - you will see plenty of false lashes!!

Not in Israel...oh that reminds me I had ONE friend who were falses at her wedding, they were really big and looked AWFUL, really unnatural. From someone who never wears makeup to heavy heavy and massive fasles...just no, she didn't look like herself.

But it was her wedding, she's my friend, and well I obviously didn't tell her this. I told her she looked amazing and gushed over everything.

Anyway, I like the natural falses, the ones that are like your eyelashes, but better.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:24 pm
Trios are the easiest to apply on yourself. They're like the individuals but 3 stuck together on a row.
I find the individuals too hard to do on myself.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:25 pm
Double post

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:32 pm
The only time I wore false eyelashes was at my son's wedding, and I had a really had time getting it off - even days later. But it's possible the make-up lady used something stronger than they sell in a regular store.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 1:11 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Trios are the easiest to apply on yourself. They're like the individuals but 3 stuck together on a row.
I find the individuals too hard to do on myself.

Can you post a link?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 4:03 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

You can’t be very into makeup if you haven’t seen the frum (including Chassidish) women wearing them.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 4:11 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

False eyelashes have been pretty common within the frum world in the past few years, especially for simchos.
And I'm sure in Israel too. I follow some makeup people on Instagram who are based in Israel and they definitely use falsies when doing makeup.
You probably didn't realize that they are fake and just assumed these people have amazing lashes with the perfect mascara.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jun 16 2018, 4:20 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
False eyelashes have been pretty common within the frum world in the past few years, especially for simchos.
And I'm sure in Israel too. I follow some makeup people on Instagram who are based in Israel and they definitely use falsies when doing makeup.
You probably didn't realize that they are fake and just assumed these people have amazing lashes with the perfect mascara.

Not in my circles. I don't know...
Most people think I wear a lot of makeup cuz I wear eyeshadow on weekdays...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics