Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wrinkles, frown marks, etc.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 10:05 am
I'm 30 for goodness sakes! How can I prevent more lines on my face, around my eyes, mouth? And what can I do to reverse those that are already there?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 11:54 am
Does nobody suffer from such ailments?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 12:03 pm
Everyone gets them eventually, and I've even seen 18 year olds with forehead winkles.

There's nothing you can do except plastic surgery to get rid of what you have. You can partially prevent more by staying out of the sun, not smoking, and using moisturizer cream every night, but most of it is just genetic.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 2:35 pm
to reverse: retinol a cream and botox
to prevent:sunscreen and moisturizer

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 2:35 pm
Which moisturizing products has anyone had success with?

LakewoodBeauty

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 5:48 pm
Hi, it can be very frustrating and upsetting when start seeing expression lines, fine lines and wrinkles forming on our face! Esp when we've hit 30. But even years b4 as well. However, it is never too late!
[ad deleted - Watergirl as a mod]

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 6:13 pm
Sunscreen is the most important thing you can do to prevent premature aging. There are some topical products that minimize fine wrinkles but really there isn't anything you can do to prevent the kind of lines that you are seeing at this point - that is life :-)

In my experience, those women over a certain age who are wrinkle free use some form of filler or Botox which a dermatologist should do for you. The right dermatologist will give you a natural look - the only downside is the cost.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 6:19 pm
Stay out of the sun and protect your face with sunscreen. And moisturize moisturize.

BH5745

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 7:42 pm
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned basic natural means yet.

If you eat mostly vegetables and fruits, and other healthy foods (depending upon your dietary needs) such as nuts/seeds, healthy oils, legumes/whole grains, healthy meats, eggs, dairy... you will be protecting your skin from within. Studies have been done on showing eating certain foods (like omega-3 rich salmon and flaxseeds, lycopene rich watermelon and tomatos, leafy greens, almonds and etc.) both nourish your skin from within and have been clinically shown to reduce skin damage from daily sun exposure when consumed! Google nutrition and sun damage and read the studies for yourself. Diet doesn't replace sunscreen, but it is at least as important! You can use all the sunscreen in the world, but a diet full of white flour, sugar, chemicals and lacking fiber will wreak havoc on skin. Also be careful to find a sunscreen that states it has UVA protection, because many American brands only protect against UVB rays, but you eed both UVA and UVB protection.

Sleeping enough, drinking enough water and reducing stress are obviously important too.

Skin oils -carrier and essential oils- are amazing at keeping your skin youthful and healthy. Some of the best carrier oils are argan, jojoba, coconut and rosehip. The essential oils most important for reducing fine lines are thought to be frankincense, myrrh, lavender, neroli and a few others (google it). Carrot seed oil is super nourishing,German chamomile oil is soothing and brightens complexion beautifully (put it over a scratch and see how much faster the scratch heals or inflamed skin goes back to normal) and lavender oil is good for just about every skin ailment there is. I use about 30 drops of essential oil to 1 ounce of a carrier oil. Argan and rosehip oils work best with drier skin, coconut is great for oily skin and jojoba works with every skin type. Some essential oils are expensive, but a bottle usually lasts a year plus. My opinion is using a high quality carrier oil with high quality essential oils (like the aura cacia brand) once or twice a day is the best cosmetic treatment for preventing lines, brightening skin and evening complexion. You must be consistent with daily application to see results though.

These natural solutions are much cheaper and safer for your skin than retinol, which essentially burns off skin layers chemically (yikes!) or some of the cosmetic treatments available today (check into the ingredients of any cosmetic treatment before you use). People put what not on their skin without checking into the safety of the ingredients. But skin is our biggest organ, and whatever you use on your skin is somewhat absorbed into the body.

Edit: many moisturizers contain a plethora of chemical ingredients that can inflame sensitive skin, and really aren't the healthiest thing to slather on our skin all the time. If aside from natural oils you feel the need to use a moisturizer, make sure your moisturizer isn't full of chemicals. You can check the EWG Database for the safety of every cosmetic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics