Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Would you go away?

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 8:55 pm
Doc called me tonight and advised me not to go to my beach house this summer. Doc wants me to go for rehab instead. I have been very sick, and I am totally deconditioned. I am not in bad pain.

* The kids have had an extremely tough year because of my health and look forward to their this time away every year.

*They know how to help out and are extremely protective of me doing housework.

*The house is within an hour of top doctors.

* And I really want to feel normal. I want to see my summer friends and sit out by the water.

* I am feeling good enough now. I don't know how I will be next season.

* I can walk near my beach house which is great exercise for me. The weather is cooler near the water.

* Mentally, I want to suspend being a patient. It is boring. I can start rehab when I get back.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 8:58 pm
Sounds good to me . I would tell my doctor all of this and let him decide. רפואה שלמה

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 9:51 pm
If there is no urgent medical need for rehab, I'd say mental rehab takes priority!

If the doctor has a good reason why rehab is an emergency in your case, I'd bite the bullet and do it. Otherwise? Beach house all the way!

losingweight

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 10:09 pm
If you need the therapy that the rehab offers, why not get the therapist to come to you? The water may just be the rehab you need...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 11:39 pm
Your doctor has provided advice. You have every right to consider his advice, and choose not to do what he suggests. Can you compromise by learning about some rehab you do at the beach house?

Feel Good.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 2:44 am
They tried to make me go to rehab
I said, no, no, no

Music Music

But seriously, ask if there is any part of the rehab you can do on your own while on vacation, and they do full-time rehab when you return. Mental rehab is important too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics