Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bath or shower for master bath
1  2  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:06 pm
We are buying a house with a decent size master bedroom and no master bath. The main bathroom on the floor and the master bedroom share a wall so we can fairly easily put in a master bathroom. Should I put a bath or shower in the master bathroom? The only time I ever take a bath is for Mikva and I’d like to take up as little room as possible for the bathroom. However as my kids get older its a lot more private if I can take a bath in private in my own locked bathroom.no banging on the door...mommy what r u doing in the bathroom?!?? What would u do?

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:09 pm
I would definitely put a bath.

Optione

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:12 pm
If you use the bath at your house and not the mikvah, then definitely put the bath.

animeme

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:13 pm
Bath. Just because you don't take them now, doesn't mean you won't ever. And yes, for mikvah it is very helpful.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:15 pm
Optione wrote:
If you use the bath at your house and not the mikvah, then definitely put the bath.

Right now In my apartment I only have one bathroom so I take a bath at the Mikva. I don’t know if that will change or not once I move to this house

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:16 pm
Put in a small bath. There are smaller and bigger baths.
If you want to take up minimum space, maybe put in an RV size bath. They run about $125- $200. Cheaper than a regular bathtub! Small. But will serve the purpose of a monthly bath....
Don't you ever enjoy a soak?

We only have one bathroom upstairs. Before we moved in we were thinking of making it into two. The bathroom also shares a wall with our master....
We ended up doing a "kosher" bathroom, as our contractor called it...
We did a bath/shower and toilet with a door and then a vanity and we have a door from our master bedroom leading into the vanity....

Hope that was helpful.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:20 pm
My master bath only has a shower and I'm dying for my own bathtub . I was even considering taking off space from my walk in closet and kids bathroom to expand my own bathroom to fit in a tub. Can't wait for that day.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:21 pm
Does anyone know an approximate price difference between putting in a bath or shower

tichellady

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:29 pm
Why not a bath shower combo?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 11:22 pm
Would definitely put in a bath. Down the road ur kids get bigger. Married. They Come back. Sometimes they r there at Times when u need to bathe. I want my own bathtub without needing to use the shared one.

losingweight

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:08 am
If the space is there For the tub just put it in. You will use it for sure.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:12 am
So just to be contrary - I have a bath and never use it, nor do I see myself using it on the future. I guess I'm just not a bath person <shrug>. And the tub is very deep, so I foresee trouble in the future with climbing in and out - I know, hopefully very far in the future, but still...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:14 am
Definitely a bath with shower.
We built our house and the original plans had a bath in the master bathroom.
We didn't realize that we would have a non functional closet if we left it so we changed to a shower only. Boy am I upset.
My kids are older now and I have to sneak a bath in because they are well aware where I am going.
Plus now that I have no real little kids to watch I wouldn't mind taking a bath and not having to get fully dressed when getting out and going to my room.

soap suds

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:44 am
Another vote for a tub.

devash1

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 1:36 am
I also don't love taking baths unless I need to or I'm sick. It was actually cheaper for us to put in a bathtub shower combo then putting in just a shower with a glass door. With the bathtub we can just use a curtain. We don't use it a lot but I'm still happy that we have it.

Nechamie

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 5:37 am
Definitely put in a tub..I use mine not just for mikvah but for hefsek too..And I definitely soak in it when I had a stressful day..one of the best things we did when we renovated..

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 5:58 am
If you generally do shower I'd say shower.
It's ok to teach kids you don't talk from the bathroom.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 8:40 am
I echo thunderstorm. I have a shower only and would love to put in a tub.
I mostly shower, but there are times when a tub is necessary and I wish I had one. It's def in the plans, but id need to expand my bathroom to have place for it. If you can do it now, you should.

observer

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 8:56 am
Tzutzie wrote:
Put in a small bath. There are smaller and bigger baths.

Or you can put in a larger bath that can fit two, and start enjoying a new activity Very Happy

heidi

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 9:02 am
observer wrote:
Or you can put in a larger bath that can fit two, and start enjoying a new activity Very Happy

You took the words out of my mouth.
Put in the biggest bath that will fit. It gives a whole new meaning to date night.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics