Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Did your Tottini denim dress this season shrink 3 inches?
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 6:50 pm
I used to shop at Ali and after having one too many frustrating experiences of waiting for weeks on end for matching clothes, only to find out that I bought one in the wrong size and had to start the ordering process all over again - I realized that Tottini is amazing. Most people are well aware that most of the things they sell are easily orderable from Ali, however you have the option of trying things on and a decent return policy and so I only shop there now for my son and daughters.

However, the OP is right in this case and she is 100% right for spreading the word about this. I did not buy the dresses this season, but know a few people who did buy it. Their dresses all shrunk and the store didn't do anything to help them when they walked in or called about it. They now know that they have a case and sure will be calling the store up when I forward this post to them.

They should be taking care of customers who purchased something with their very own label on it. Whether it was twenty five dollars or a hundred and twenty five.

[To Cerulean Amother, the OP: Pretending to be 2 different people in the same thread is really poor form. Even if your original post was made in good faith, nobody will — and nobody should — believe you now. — Rubber Ducky as Mod]

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
I used to shop at Ali and after having one too many frustrating experiences of waiting for weeks on end for matching clothes, only to find out that I bought one in the wrong size and had to start the ordering process all over again - I realized that Tottini is amazing. Most people are well aware that most of the things they sell are easily orderable from Ali, however you have the option of trying things on and a decent return policy and so I only shop there now for my son and daughters.

However, the OP is right in this case and she is 100% right for spreading the word about this. I did not buy the dresses this season, but know a few people who did buy it. Their dresses all shrunk and the store didn't do anything to help them when they walked in or called about it. They now know that they have a case and sure will be calling the store up when I forward this post to them.

They should be taking care of customers who purchased something with their very own label on it. Whether it was twenty five dollars or a hundred and twenty five.

Are you a Rav? How do you know what is okay to spread or not? Just happens to be that my friend about 2 weeks ago had an issue with another item and they were very easy about refunding her right away. I am not sure what happened with your friends, although I find it hard to believe that so many people had issues.
Between you and me, you are not shopping in Tottini because they manufacture they’re own labels and that you can get a refund if necessary. You are shopping there for the cute clothes at affordable pricing. Please tell me any store where prices are triple or quadruple that they refund you at all, and if yes, if it’s done easily.
I strongly suggest you ask your own LOR and explain exact details before you go on spreading your own opinions which may very well be lashan hara.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 8:19 pm
I would like to know if your rav knows you are posting this.
please confirm.
requesting a refund is one thing, but spreading this doesnt seem right.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 8:39 pm
OP here.

When the store contacted me directly to let me know that they will finally refund me because I got the psak that I got, I asked them if they are going to refund everyone else that I would send to them.

They answered me that they will only help those who contact them with the same complaint and explain that they expect a refund because Halachically they deserve one. I asked if I can let people know about our conversation and they said yes.

The store said this - and so I am passing this along to those who will benefit.

I bought this dress specifically because it was designed to be tznius for my five year old. It doesn't touch her knees anymore - and that is a problem, right?

I love this store - I truly do. I most definitely will still be shopping there.

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

When the store contacted me directly to let me know that they will finally refund me because I got the psak that I got, I asked them if they are going to refund everyone else that I would send to them.

They answered me that they will only help those who contact them with the same complaint and explain that they expect a refund because Halachically they deserve one. I asked if I can let people know about our conversation and they said yes.

The store said this - and so I am passing this along to those who will benefit.

I bought this dress specifically because it was designed to be tznius for my five year old. It doesn't touch her knees anymore - and that is a problem, right?

I love this store - I truly do. I most definitely will still be shopping there.

This thread left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Why do you feel the need to be so controlling and out to do harm? You aren't there to police that store.

When the store gave you permission to tell others, they weren't giving you permission to take out a billboard or post on the internet. It is hurtful and mean.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 10:17 pm
Squishy wrote:
This thread left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Why do you feel the need to be so controlling and out to do harm? You aren't there to police that store.

When the store gave you permission to tell others, they weren't giving you permission to take out a billboard or post on the internet. It is hurtful and mean.

I agree.
you are the reason that Lakewood stores have such a bad return policy. you ruin it for everyone else. why dont you have it announced on the radio or put an ad in the paper to ensure tottini is out thousands of more dollars? do you truly believe you are doing the right thing? is this your tafkid in life ? to make sure everyone in the world gets their refund for their dress that may or may not have shrunk?
snort.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:

Ummm... Aren't you the OP? I'd been reading this thread with no stake in the game and only a passing interest, but you kinda lost all credibility here.

Purple2

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 4:02 am
Op, there are colors identifying your posts. Pretending your someone else to defend yourself is dishonest and deceitful.
Way worse than what that store did.

gittylove

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 5:38 am
amother wrote:
Tottini in Lakewood produced their own adorable denim dress this season. Except it shrinks 2 sizes after just the first wash. From what I am hearing so far - this has been happening to every single one they sold (store admitted this too after having many many people bring them back).

I asked a Rav if this is a Mekach Ta'us and he said most definitely and I am 100% allowed to dispute the charge if they do not refund me for them. I decided to get in touch with the store directly and let them know the verdict, giving them a chance to make up this mistake before I did initiate the chargeback.

They reluctantly agreed to take back the 2 dresses and give me a store credit or refund. They said that they did ask their own Rav who told them that they are not responsible to refund everyone as it is usual for clothes to shrink. However, I highly doubt that the Rav was told how significant the shrinkage is to the point that the dress is completely not tznius or fits properly.

If you did purchase the denim dress and would like a refund, I advise you to contact the store directly via email (They don't answer the phone) at info@tottini.com and request that you expect a refund. It seems that they will take care of all those who do this. If you do feel that you want to, you most definitely can dispute the charge in accordance with Halacha.

Parnassah is hard, we all know, but a store that manufactured their own product has to take responsibility for their own mistake. They should be helping those who contact them, not making up excuses.

OP, Do you own a business or even know what it means to own a business. Mekach taus is when you are fooled into a purchase. You seriously making a stink over $12 dress. I have shopped a tottini before, Their pricing is great. Yes I dont expect the quality to be amazing, it's not like the dress was $60.
Of course It is frustrating when things shrink. But it happens. It's ok to ask for a refund, It is not ok to post this on a public forum.

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 9:20 am
camp wrote:
Op, there are colors identifying your posts. Pretending your someone else to defend yourself is dishonest and deceitful.
Way worse than what that store did.

Great catch. This woman is controlling and harmful. She is out to "get" Tottini. She manipulated their permission into an announcement. A normal person would have taken the permission to mean if they ran across a person who had the same problem.

She is manipulating us on this thread by fraudulently posing as a different amother.

Can someone who has Facebook or other social media, please check to see if she is carrying her vendetta on in other places?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 6:57 pm
OP here - actually a neighbor of mine used my account to post her own response. She very smartly doesn't have a login for this website and I ttly agree with why she doesn't. She read this thread and felt a need to respond to my comment, as she completely agreed with me.

I had forgotten why I rarely visit or post on this website and I now remember why. What a community.

I'm outta here.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 7:00 pm
amother wrote:
OP here - actually a neighbor of mine used my account to post her own response. She very smartly doesn't have a login for this website and I ttly agree with why she doesn't. She read this thread and felt a need to respond to my comment, as she completely agreed with me.

I had forgotten why I rarely visit or post on this website and I now remember why. What a community.

I'm outta here.

People tend to agree with others that they know IRL Smile

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:

I'm outta here.

Bye!!!, and please don't come back.

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:

I'm outta here.

That happens to me a lot. It happened to me today. It was my neighbor arguing with DAS under my screen name.

pause

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 10:28 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics