Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO Wedding Gown Challenge!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 4:51 pm
Hi dear Imas,

I'm looking for a gown for my sister's wedding and thought that perhaps you ladies could help me out.

I am about a size 18- I have a large waist, and a-line cuts tend to look good on me.
Family is wearing gowns in the blush/dusty rose color.. so I'd like to get something in that color.

Oh.. and I'd like to not break the bank for it.. would like something in the up to 250 dollar range, but would be willing to go up to $400.

Any ideas or leads?
Links to gowns?
Any specific gown place that you had success with?
I live in Brooklyn, I'm also interested to hear of any local rentals/shops that I can find what I'm looking for.

TIA!!!!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 6:40 pm
Try augenbrauns. Not sure if they have a branch in Brooklyn but they are in Monsey. I rented from them and they had very flattering styles (I have a similar body type and I felt great in my gown) If they have what you need in stock it's about 250 to rent. If they have to order it new for you it's more. They were great to deal with.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 8:37 pm
I am in Monsey. We bought in sareka. My sister is a size 16 about and wore gorgeous gown in dusty rose feom there.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 8:37 pm
the Bklyn Augenbraun's branch is closing. I'm not sure if they're still opened.

They're on instagram, you can check.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
Try augenbrauns. Not sure if they have a branch in Brooklyn but they are in Monsey. I rented from them and they had very flattering styles (I have a similar body type and I felt great in my gown) If they have what you need in stock it's about 250 to rent. If they have to order it new for you it's more. They were great to deal with.

Thanks for the replies Imas.

I will look into them.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
I am in Monsey. We bought in sareka. My sister is a size 16 about and wore gorgeous gown in dusty rose feom there.

I've heard of them.
Do you know their prices?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics