Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Asked to give rides - uninstalling car seats
Previous  1  2

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 6:50 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
By a CPST- people who who do extensive training learning to install car seats the right way.

How much does it cost?

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:
Yup. And if that parental reinstall happens 5 months after the lesson.. would you think the installation would be 100% likely to be as good as the professional?

If this was something I was anxious about (for some reason, despite that stat, I'm not) I wouldn't trust myself to reinstall.

I think it depends on the person. I have a very good memory and would comfortable doing it. Others wouldn't.

Anyway, it is up to the owner of the car if they want to be inconvenienced or are comfortable doing it. In the case of bestme, I would love to tell the people who bring along uninvited (by her) riders that they can now split an Uber. I wouldn't, but I am indignant for her.

It has been awhile since I needed carseats for my kids. I usually install them myself when I am giving rides to ladies who don't drive. I insist they are used, and I scrounge them up.

1. I had no idea they were so complicated to install. I usually make them secure.

2. I didn't realize I was causing the owner to maybe not have properly installed carseats.

OBnursemom

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
How much does it cost?

The last couple events I’ve been to have been free.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 9:29 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
The last couple events I’ve been to have been free.

If anybody knows where to do for pepper installation in Brooklyn, for pay or for free, please let me know.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 9:34 pm
We install our car seats very well (my m-i-l is a CPST and she has always been impressed at my husband's installations). When I was asked by the school if I would lend my van for a field trip, I would not agree if it meant removing car seats and then needing me to install them back by 2:30 carpool...but when we had 20 people who needed to get back from the airport at the same time which meant we needed 2 full sized vans this past week, then, yes, we did remove the car seats. It is a matter of how badly the vehicle is needed vs availability from someone else and also the urgency of reinstalling the car seats...

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:29 pm
OP, you can say no to any request, any time, for any reason you want. You don't need anyone to approve the reason except you. You don't need to say the reason when you say no. You can just say no. Really.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 7:58 am
amother wrote:
OP, you can say no to any request, any time, for any reason you want. You don't need anyone to approve the reason except you. You don't need to say the reason when you say no. You can just say no. Really.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I have a hard time saying no. I'm learning that every time I say yes though I'm saying no to something or someone else - here, my kids safety.

GetReal

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
If anybody knows where to do for pepper installation in Brooklyn, for pay or for free, please let me know.

This is who I saw. She was excellent and didn't charge.
https://m.facebook.com/mysafestseat/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette