Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Prefix and Postfix Stacks

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 10:49 pm
I am going for my ba in computer science and I have an assignment due tomorrow that is absolute gibberish to me. Online college so obviously teacher doesnt teach and we barely have source material provided by the college. I was just wondering if anybody has experience with prefix and postfix stacks in java and how to implement them? I already constructed the GUI..

Any help is appreciated!!!

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 6:53 am
Are you sure you mean "prefix and postfix stacks" and not something involving prefix or postfix as well as stacks, like converting between prefix and postfix expressions, or perhaps writing a calculator that evaluates prefix/postfix expressions?

If I was a teaching assistant in a programming course (which I once was), and someone told me the assignment was complete gibberish, well I'd probably have seen it already and probably know what it meant, but in case I hadn't, I'd ask to see the assignment, not a one sentence description. If I was really stumped I'd ask the professor for clarification.

Does your online course allow you to interact with other students? Perhaps one of them could explain to you what the assignment consists of.

Once it's clear what the assignment means, I'd google relevant keywords, for example if you are supposed to write a calculator using stacks, I'd google prefix stack calculator.

If I was the TA in this course I'd also know what previous assignments there were, how much of the programming language you were expected to know by this point in the semester, what the prerequisites for the course were, and so I'd be more able to recommend appropriate reading material. For example I'd know if you've already studied the Stack class in Java, been taught about infix and postfix notation ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics