Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Burp!!!

Alef Bais

Post Sun, Dec 12 2004, 11:50 am
Many times when I'm trying to get my baby to burp after nursing, I have to burp myself! I wonder why. Anyone know or have the same thing?

miriam

Post Sun, Dec 12 2004, 7:37 pm
Haha that is pretty funny. It's happened to me that someone will rub my back or give me a hug and I will burp....

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 8:01 pm
LOL LOL Nope it has never happened to me yet, but I am not classified as normal

miriam

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 11:19 pm
Awww freilich, we luv ya..

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 11:39 pm
Atleast, someone does! Very Happy

Tovah

Post Thu, Dec 16 2004, 9:18 am
I actually know someone who told me the same thing that she ends up burping herself, thats kinda cute I think

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 10:52 am
My baby is now 3 days old and does not burp, well once in a while, she's soooooo kvetchy after a feed until she finally burps, she hasn't had any dirty diapers since she passed all that meconium in the hospital. any ideas on how to help burp her and how to make her more comfy when she is gassy?

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 11:05 am
mazel tov! 3 days old! Smile

sarahd

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 11:50 am
Mazel Tov, BlumaG! Try rubbing her stomach gently clockwise. You can also try a gentle bicycle motion with her legs.

smile

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 12:12 pm
mazel tov blumag.

proudmom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 12:59 pm
Mazal tov! are you nursing her? try not to eat so much gassy foods. You can take her legs and put them together and then push them gently against her stomach. You can also give her grip water.

sarahd

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 1:21 pm
I don't think you can give gripe water to such a young baby.

proudmom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 1:22 pm
why not? it says it on the bottle from newborn and up (thats what mine says on the bottle)

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 1:28 pm
wat is gripe water???
we've tried a bunch of stuff it sometimes works sometimes not. I'm nursing her and I've been trying to keep on a plain diet but in the hospital some of the foods might not have been the gr8est choice, u know those frozen meals...maybe things will get better.
thanx for the tips...
many more welcome Smile

stem

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 2:01 pm
I always used to burp when trying to burp the baby. It was pretty funny actually. I think it's the steady rhythem of your arm moving up and down patting the baby which causes the air bubbles in your own body to break free.

proudmom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 2:11 pm
Go to your pharmacy and ask them for it and if they never heard of it ask them for something that relieves gas for a 3 day old.

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 5:46 pm
thanx for the advice, we tried plain water n it helped releive her some n helped her use the bathroom bh, some worry off my head:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics