Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to not compare children?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 4:13 pm
I'm looking for practical tips for how to not compare my kids to each other. I never talk to them about it ch'v but I'm constantly comparing in my head and even sometimes with dh.
They r close in age kh and total opposites so it's very hard! Even small things - I.e. this ones faster, more nimble, ate supper better etc etc...
Any ideas?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 5:04 pm
We all compare our children. We know all of there attributes and qualities. We also are very aware of there issues and flaws. You wouldn't be human if you didn't realize these obvious differences. The reason why it's ok is because our love for each child is equal. I love my child with learning issues, who causes me to spend every spare dollar I have on tutors, just as much as my other children who excel in school. It's not like a pizza shop were I compare and ultimately conclude that I like pizza store "A" more than pizza store "B". With our children , we love them the same regardless of the qualities or problems.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 5:06 pm
just focus on each one as he or she is. just like you would want someone to do for you. focus on each individuals strengths.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 5:45 pm
Thank u! I needed to hear that! Was feeling so guilty but now I see its normal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics