Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
"Starting over" with your kallah jewelry
Previous  1  2

hisorerus

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 10:33 am
Motek wrote:
Hisorerus - why didn't you want a diamond ring? Did you choose something else instead?

Nope, got my kallah necklace and a wedding band- and the best price on a chosson ever! (I knew I would lose any ring I got, so I didn't want the achrayus of dealing with it.) I didn't exactly feel like my in-laws "owed" me something so I'd need a replacement.

shayna82

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 10:38 am
I picked everything out myself. I choose my actual diamond from a whole bunch of them. everything was how I wanted it, I had a say in everything.Thank G-d

amother

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 10:57 am
wow... I guess I am not into that glitz.. Though I was really upset, because the Rabbis would not let me pick my own ring, they said the ex had to purchase it

Not to mention that the did not make sure it was gold (I told him I am allergic to other things), just a plain band (that had to get cut off in the ER!!) due to allergic reaction..

Maybe that was asign..LOL to late to change now

Flowerchild

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 11:20 am
I love my engagement ring, love it love it love it, because my husband then chattan had to work really really hard to buy it and pay it off from his small salary, so I would not change it for anything, its beautiful and I want it that way forever.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 1:55 pm
I did not chose my diamond ring. my MIL who lives in another country did. I had it dipped to be white gold and if I had a choice I wouldve asked for a plain setting and a larger diamond (it is quite small) and later when we had the money, we would reset teh diamond. I love the fact that its from my mother inlaw, and that my husband put it on me in the yichud room (chabad custom), its tasetful and def sentimental.

BasMom

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 2:07 pm
My diamond ring was a gift from my husband's grandmother. Unbelievably, it is exactly (and even more) than the ring I would have ever dreamed of. The fact that it's a family heirloom makes it even more precious.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 12:46 pm
Motek wrote:
Ruchel!!! Three months does not qualify you to answer this thread! Wink

Newlywed attack!! Twisted Evil

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:37 am
I like my ring but would have taken something with small diamonds on the side. But when I went to look at rings in israel the only style that was out is what I took very plain and delicate. It was so delicate that I almost lost the diamond three times (it popped out of the setting). We took it in to get thicker branches and now it stays, but the look of it changed to. But I wouldn't change it in for anything my husband paid for it so that is what makes it more special.

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 7:00 pm
My "kallah jewelry" consists of engagement ring and wedding ring. That's it.

They are both pretty simple, and I loved them then, and I love them now.

One thing I might have wanted to do different has to do with my awareness of environmental issues, and gold/ diamond industry ethics. (I think I remember my husband asking about the ethical aspect of the diamonds, but in the end I don't really know the story of where my diamond comes from. Today if I were "shopping" I might want to check out second hand or previously owned jewelry.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 7:27 pm
I didn't want a diamond because of blood-diamonds and civil war. (my mother didn't either, years before). Instead, I have a large precious stone set in white gold. My husband designed it. If I could do-over, I would make the band thinner.

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 8:19 pm
Doing over wouldn't give me a different budget, so... No, nothing to change. We did the best we could with what we could afford.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 8:41 pm
12 years later...

heidi

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 10:02 pm
I always wanted an emerald cut diamond (that's the square shape, right?) I don't know what happened but somehow I ended up picking a pear shape when I went shopping with DH. I've had it reset since and it's lovely, but sometimes I catch myself thinking that I planned for a square!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics