Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ok to bake salmon slices straight from freezer?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 8:33 pm
If yes, at which temp and for how long?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
If yes, at which temp and for how long?

Absolutely! 400 degrees, 25 minutes, slather it with a little mayo, garlic powder, onion slices, a little salt and a little olive oil and a lemon slice and a teeny bit of water in the bottom....cover tightly with foil and go for it! Serve it up with mayo / dill sauce. Yummmy!

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 8:36 pm
I would defrost them first, preferably in the fridge, but I guess it's too late for that... Sad

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 8:41 pm
It tastes better when defrosted first so that it only needs to bake for minimal amount of time. I separate the slices, put in a Ziploc, and immerse in a bowl of cold water to defrost quickly.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 8:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It tastes better when defrosted first so that it only needs to bake for minimal amount of time. I separate the slices, put in a Ziploc, and immerse in a bowl of cold water to defrost quickly.

So interesting! I've had the exact opposite experience. When I allow it to thaw/cook at 400 for 25 min., it comes out moister and tasting super fresh!

veiznisht

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 9:28 pm
I literally did this for dinner. I make it for 30 min at 425 uncovered. I put honey mustard on top, tastes great.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 10:29 pm
amother wrote:
So interesting! I've had the exact opposite experience. When I allow it to thaw/cook at 400 for 25 min., it comes out moister and tasting super fresh!

Good to know! So I will try this next time, thanks!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 1:55 pm
frozen food should be fully defrosted or it taste like rubber

tachles

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 6:53 pm
Next time try to put in the fridge in the morning or the night before.
When I had to , I ran in under warm water and baked it covered can’t remember temp or time though . It’s better defrosted first

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 9:57 am
I usually poach it. Put salmon in a pot of cold water, lemon juice, a sliced onion or two, salt, pepper, and fresh dill. Bring it to a boil, then let it cook for another 20-45 minutes (the amount of time depends on how frozen it is, and how big/thick the pieces are). Just check periodically and take it out as soon as it done. You can use the onion slices and dill as garnish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics