Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Does it ever get better?
Previous  1  2

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 4:53 pm
One of you should get a job. This business isn’t obviously not working out. You can still put effort into it and try but you can’t only rely on that. Good luck!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 9:39 pm
I cant go work. little kids at home would cost me more in childcare than earnings.
we tried telling some family how tough it is, but they replied "it will get better" it is so so bad I cant even describe the emotional and physical pain this causes us. were going away for shabbos because we dont have the money to stay home. next week we are having guests that are coming in from far to spend time with us and I have no idea how we will pay for it. and the hills. I dont even want to talk abt the bills

das

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 10:10 pm
So sorry about what you're going through. Is it possible for you to work at home? Maybe after the kids are in bed?

crust

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
I cant go work. little kids at home would cost me more in childcare than earnings.
we tried telling some family how tough it is, but they replied "it will get better" it is so so bad I cant even describe the emotional and physical pain this causes us. were going away for shabbos because we dont have the money to stay home. next week we are having guests that are coming in from far to spend time with us and I have no idea how we will pay for it. and the hills. I dont even want to talk abt the bills

I understand you when you say that you cant walk away from the business at this point but-

Did you get a rational, unemotional opinion from an experienced business consultant that this business has potential and that it is going in the right direction?

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 10:28 pm
crust wrote:
I understand you when you say that you cant walk away from the business at this point but-

Did you get a rational, unemotional opinion from an experienced business consultant that this business has potential and that it is going in the right direction?

yes. it all makes sense on paper. but hashem runs the world and apparently now is not the time for us to be millionares. maybe tomorrow. many of the things that happened in the business make no logical or financial sense . the only way to understand it is the will of God

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 10:58 pm
Please read these two sefarim:

Gates of Prayer by Rav Shimshon Dovid Pincus

Its All in Your Mind By Rebbetzin Yosef

Hatzlacha, may your parnassah be supplied brevach

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 11:38 pm
amother wrote:
Please read these two sefarim:

Gates of Prayer by Rav Shimshon Dovid Pincus

Its All in Your Mind By Rebbetzin Yosef

Hatzlacha, may your parnassah be supplied brevach

thank you for the recommendations. as soon as I have the money I'd like to purchase them.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:44 pm
OP I really understand you. We were in the same situation for nearly 2 yrs. I also had a lot of young children and was pregnant too. I tried taking subbing jobs just to have a few dollars. We ended up borrowing a lot of money just for food and utilities. We are renting and our landlord was amazing and waited for the money until we had it. The schools weren’t too happy but Baruch Hashem it worked out. I remember every week wondering just where we would get the money to buy food and davening that our utilities don’t get shut off. Baruch Hashem it all worked out we were able to pay up our debt.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:07 pm
amother wrote:
OP I really understand you. We were in the same situation for nearly 2 yrs. I also had a lot of young children and was pregnant too. I tried taking subbing jobs just to have a few dollars. We ended up borrowing a lot of money just for food and utilities. We are renting and our landlord was amazing and waited for the money until we had it. The schools weren’t too happy but Baruch Hashem it worked out. I remember every week wondering just where we would get the money to buy food and davening that our utilities don’t get shut off. Baruch Hashem it all worked out we were able to pay up our debt.

wow thats very encouraging . thank you for posting.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:38 pm
dodgerblue amother- could you elaborate how you were able to pay back all your debts?

crust

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
yes. it all makes sense on paper. but hashem runs the world and apparently now is not the time for us to be millionares. maybe tomorrow. many of the things that happened in the business make no logical or financial sense . the only way to understand it is the will of God

Ouch. That hurts. I hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 6:55 am
amother wrote:

Is that your personal opinion or a professional one?
It's never easy to give up on a dream and something you've invested so much hope, time and probably effort and especially lost money. And it's always easy to blame something external that we can't control (hashem) and hope he will change everything for the better. Obviously I believe that hashem can change everything if he wants to. But we need to help ourselves and make the right choices.
I've seen families that waited way too long for their business to finally work and it just got worse and worse.
My brother in law is trying to get his business to work for at least 8 years. Meanwhile his wife works, takes care of 6 kids and both sides of parents support them and I send them money for chagim. I wouldn't do it if they didn't have kids. But I feel so bad for the kids who have to suffer because their father is being irresponsible.
One year without income is tragic but it would be okay if there is an end in sight. If that's not the case I'd say get a professional opinion and do everything possible to get money. Sell the house, move close to family so they can help with kids. You can get a job then and your husband should get a regular job and pay off the debts.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics