Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Joan Harrington

pecan

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 5:33 pm
Hi, I am looking for an advocate to help me get an enhanced rate for a better therapist not school affiliated. Has anyone ever used Joan Harrington as an advocate and what was your experience?

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 6:24 pm
I haven't used her personally but I'm in a related business and she has a top reputation.

pecan

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 6:27 pm
Thank you, I hope financially her fee will be worth it.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 6:36 pm
"Worth it" depends what you want to get out of it. Depending on the situation, a good advocate may cost $1000 or more but result in tens of thousands worth of educational benefits.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 6:38 pm
Edited: Accidental misinformation!

Last edited by seeker on Wed, Apr 11 2018, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

pecan

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 7:01 pm
Thanks, would rather not say cuz I am not anonymous. But I guess therapy sessions would add up

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 10:28 pm
seeker wrote:
Also note that she is an attorney. I don't know the specifics of your situation but not all cases need an actual lawyer. There are advocates that operate based on experience, relationships, and savvy, that cost less and can be effective in many cases. Again, it depends on how much is at stake for you.
Very Happy
Are you sure she’s an attorney. When I used her four years ago she was not. Did something change?

elisheva25

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 10:33 pm
She is tops
But she also has an incredible personality
She really cares about kids she represents

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 11:15 pm
She is an excellent advocate, but she is not an attorney.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 9:16 am
I stand corrected, I'm probably mixing her up with someone else. Sorry! Now I'm trying to remember who on earth the Esq was that I had been in touch with... Confused

pecan

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 4:14 pm
Hi, I hired and paid Joan Harrington in April. I have had tremendous difficulty contacting her. After two weeks of calling daily, she said they are going to schedule a hearing. At this point, I email on occasion and call and she doesn't respond. Very frustrating. I know she's very busy. Does she typically accomplish things and only let you know at the end?

pecan

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 12:34 am
Bump

kerem

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 2:48 am
Maybe switch to an attorney?
I have hired a reputable educational attorney firm and the lawyer assigned to me is available for me when I need her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics