Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Melania's raincoat not the best choice for Texas visit?
Previous  1  2  3  4

zaq

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 10:46 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Melania Trump is not a native English speaker. Even many people who do speak English as their first language don't seem to understand the difference between "I could care less" and "I couldn't care less."

But one of her people should have noticed.

Her jacket didn’t say I could/n’t care less. It said I Don’t Care, do U? Hard to misinterpret “I don’t care” even if one is not a native English speaker.”

Donald will never be dignified or appropriate and he would be a disgrace to the presidency even if he were a good person with the country’s best interests at heart. But I had hoped that Melania, at least, would make a serious effort to bring some measure of class to the position of FLOTUS.

OTOH how can we expect class or common sense from a woman who voluntarily married a crass shlub like Donald Trump?

Mevater

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 11:49 am
Jimmy Kimmel said it best. He said Donald must be tweeting on Melania's clothing now.

ellacoe

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:13 pm
I think that it is naive to think that the jacket was unintentional. She is a very intelligent woman and while she might not have been media savvy at the start (the stiletto incident). This time she knew exactly what she was doing. How many $37 items does she have in her closet? Her first foray into dressing like the average person and thats what she chooses? She obviously has a message for someone, perhaps her husband?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:16 pm
messages in clothes...lets bring out the tin hats! Wink

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:16 pm
ellacoe wrote:
I think that it is naive to think that the jacket was unintentional. She is a very intelligent woman and while she might not have been media savvy at the start (the stiletto incident). This time she knew exactly what she was doing. How many $37 items does she have in her closet? Her first foray into dressing like the average person and thats what she chooses? She obviously has a message for someone, perhaps her husband?

People felt like her white pantsuit at the inauguration was a message (Hillary's uniform) and I am not sure what her stilettos on the plane ride to the flood were supposed to mean. She did change into sneakers and try to look like the average American when she landed.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:19 pm
gamanit wrote:
I think she really doesn't care. About anything. She didn't ask to be first lady. She just wants to have a chance to be herself without millions of eyes staring at her. She doesn't look very happy to me.

Forget the presidency. She married a media ho. Her decision.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 2:20 pm
ellacoe wrote:

I wonder if it was even her jacket, or if someone lent it to her for the message.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 3:42 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I wonder if it was even her jacket, or if someone lent it to her for the message.

More than likely because it isn't even available for sale anymore.

Miri7

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 4:15 pm
Donald’s explanation that the message was for the press doesn’t make sense. If that was the point, why didn’t she wear it at a time of less outrage? Wearing it to visit the kids, when her point was to show a caring image, was just plain dumb. Of course the statement on the jacket would be attached to that particular visit.

I would’ve held off on the jacket and worn it on a different occasion.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 4:22 pm
Certainly she know by now that the whole world is talking about her raincoat. She could easily make a statement but would rather let the whole world stew in it.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 5:19 pm
southernbubby wrote:
More than likely because it isn't even available for sale anymore.

I have to assume that she has some older clothing in her closet. Even Kate Middleton occasionally wears things twice.

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 5:42 pm
Miri7 wrote:
Donald’s explanation that the message was for the press doesn’t make sense. If that was the point, why didn’t she wear it at a time of less outrage? Wearing it to visit the kids, when her point was to show a caring image, was just plain dumb. Of course the statement on the jacket would be attached to that particular visit.

I would’ve held off on the jacket and worn it on a different occasion.

Because it came right after the calls for kidnap and rape of her son and her husband's grand daughter.

As a mother and a wife, there isn't anything more outrageous than threatening the kidnapping and rape of the children in my family.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 5:51 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I have to assume that she has some older clothing in her closet. Even Kate Middleton occasionally wears things twice.

What a life!

anon for this

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 1:41 pm
amother wrote:
The president doesn't lie.

Then why does he want Congress to fund the border wall? I thought Mexico was going to pay for it.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics