Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Garbage can large family

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:29 pm
I am at my wits end! We are kah 9 pple and I am constantly (like every hour) taking out the garbage when the kids are home! We have three small garbage cans in the kitchen fits underneath the sink cabinets , and one large garbage can- and it is not enough!
What do other people do??

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:32 pm
I've had a few clients use an outside trash can in their kitchens. Either built into a custom cabinet or freestanding.

mommy best

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:35 pm
Are you using lots of papergoods? Do you divide ur recycling? Those things take up lots of space in the garbage.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:36 pm
Yup. We have a 25 gallon can. This one: https://www.webstaurantstore.c......html - looks ok in a residential kitchen. We use 30 gallon bags.

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:58 pm
You can have others assist you with taking out the trash.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jun 23 2018, 11:56 pm
We are a family of 7 and have a 25 gallon can. We do use a lot of paper goods which I am aware creates an overflow of garbage. However I do not put empty bottles, cartons, cereal boxes and the like in the garbage can. Those items get placed on the side until they get taken out to the outside garbage. I usually take out the main garbage 2x a day (and the small ones in bedroom, bathrooms 2x a week)

MyUsername

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 5:39 pm
I know people who use a very large clothes hamper as a garbage can, it is larger than most household kitchen garbage cans, and looks attractive.

sky

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 12:48 pm
We use this: https://www.amazon.com/Suncast.....e+can

It is amazing - holds 30 gallon bag and looks decent in the kitchen. I paid $33. I find the price fluctuates. (I've ordered for a few people who saw in my house and liked it and the price differs)
Cons:
- tears bags easily (some line it with a box to help with that)
- hard to pull out bag
- difficult to clean (I take it outside every so often and hose it down)
Pros:
- Holds large garbage bags and lots of trash
- Cover locks - great for young children

the link above does look a bit easier to use.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:40 pm
Thanks for your replies. I like the outdoor garbage can posted above - will look into it! How many times do u empty it a day?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:56 pm
I was just at amazing savings and they had a great white 23 gallon garbage can with nice cover.

lfab

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 5:54 pm
We have this garbage can and lid. https://www.amazon.com/Rubberm.....psc=1 A little commercial looking but it does the job. We are a family of 7 and take it out on average once every 2 days (we don't use a lot of disposables though, if we did it would fill up faster).

nicole81

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 6:34 pm
We're 8 people. We have regular garbage can, and two recycling cans in the kitchen. Big items go directly outside. All bedrooms and bathrooms have their own garbage cans as well so we only take out the main cans once a day or twice on Friday and shabbat. The kids empty their bedroom pails themselves.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:37 pm
We are a family of seven and do well with a tiny rubbish bin. We have one that uses a plastic grocery bag as a liner. We take it out about once a day, maybe twice on Friday or Shabbos. We recycle everything we can and also have a compost pile.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I like the outdoor garbage can posted above - will look into it! How many times do u empty it a day?

Every other day maybe. With my old can I would throw out a 9x13 and the bag was full - now over yom tov I can throw out a few and it is fine. (On Yom tov we probably take out once a day but we generate a lot of garbage then).
The bag tearing is a pain but I think we have come to terms with it at this point. One thing to consider is that when we take out the garbage it is VERY heavy because it is a bigger bag.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry