Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Needed even more urgently

Choirmistress

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 5:41 pm
I need to know the official year of release of the second known recorded version of The Little Bird. The first was by Sherwood Goffin in 1972. The second, whose date I need, is the one by Tzlil v'Zemer on either Wake Up, Yidden! or Volume 1. Please advise asap, and thanks in advance.
It's probably 1977 but I need to know for certain to typeset the credits at the top of my augmented version of the song. (I've added three verses and translated all six into Hebrew.)
Again, TIA and have a good Shabbos.
Regards, Choirmistress.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 5:57 pm
It sounds like maybe you need a secretary or personal assistant.

Choirmistress

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 6:08 pm
Say what?!
I asked a simple question and I get my organizational skills challenged?
If you don't know the answer, IMHO it's not your place to make judgements about me. I never bought either of the two possible Tzlil v'Zemer albums, so I don't know the year of release. It's that simple.
Have a good Shabbos.
Choirmistress.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jun 23 2018, 4:22 pm
Choirmistress wrote:
I need to know the official year of release of the second known recorded version of The Little Bird. The first was by Sherwood Goffin in 1972. The second, whose date I need, is the one by Tzlil v'Zemer on either Wake Up, Yidden! or Volume 1. Please advise asap, and thanks in advance.
It's probably 1977 but I need to know for certain to typeset the credits at the top of my augmented version of the song. (I've added three verses and translated all six into Hebrew.)
Again, TIA and have a good Shabbos.
Regards, Choirmistress.
Tzllil V'zemer came out MUCH later than the 70s. They were from the 90s. I just did a search and found that The Little Bird song was from Volume 1, which was released in 1999.

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/tzlilvzemer3

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Jun 23 2018, 9:22 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Tzllil V'zemer came out MUCH later than the 70s. They were from the 90s. I just did a search and found that The Little Bird song was from Volume 1, which was released in 1999.

The CD version may have been released in 1999 but the original records and cassettes were from the 70s.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Jun 23 2018, 9:53 pm
Choirmistress wrote:
Say what?!
I asked a simple question and I get my organizational skills challenged?
If you don't know the answer, IMHO it's not your place to make judgements about me. I never bought either of the two possible Tzlil v'Zemer albums, so I don't know the year of release. It's that simple.
Have a good Shabbos.
Choirmistress.

Nothing to do with your organizational skills, but when you regularly post here with the urgent need for this or that info, which seems to be something you should be able to find/obtain/research for your job - one wonders if perhaps you need paid help.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Jun 23 2018, 10:12 pm
I don't know the year, but it's definitely in tzlil vzemer 1.

Cmon be nice

Post Sat, Jun 23 2018, 11:51 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I definitely remember them from the 80s

Choirmistress

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 10:40 am
My full-time permanent job is proofreader. I do not have full Internet access here at work, as it is a government workplace with rules for use. I am still in the process of a long-protracted move and do not yet a) have my home computer hooked up, nor b) know which LPs I have gathering dust in my storage facility.
As to the particular song I asked about, the urgency was this:
I am part of a group of girls and women who gather each Shabbos afternoon to sing for my elderly widowed aunt, and I was hoping to prepare for the group copies of my enhanced version with the updated credits before leaving the office on Friday.
Are things a bit clearer now?
And yes, the LP and cassette of the Tzlil v'Zemer version did come out before the '90s.
Regards, Choirmistress.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 10:47 am
Choirmistress wrote:
My full-time permanent job is proofreader. I do not have full Internet access here at work, as it is a government workplace with rules for use. I am still in the process of a long-protracted move and do not yet a) have my home computer hooked up, nor b) know which LPs I have gathering dust in my storage facility.
As to the particular song I asked about, the urgency was this:
I am part of a group of girls and women who gather each Shabbos afternoon to sing for my elderly widowed aunt, and I was hoping to prepare for the group copies of my enhanced version with the updated credits before leaving the office on Friday.
Are things a bit clearer now?
And yes, the LP and cassette of the Tzlil v'Zemer version did come out before the '90s.
Regards, Choirmistress.

And what would have happened if you had just written adapted version of XYZ song by ABC, unknown date of original release. Doesn't sound like you are doing anything for profit here.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 11:07 am
I remember reading the lyrics to that song in a Jewish novel (from the 80s I think about a boy named mendel kidnapped from his irreligious family.)
So it for sure goes way back.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 11:20 am
If you put the name of the song in the title, you are more likely to get the answer you seek.
Many avoid clickbait like the plague.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts