Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Wash machine research Speed queen vs. LG

rd5081

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 12:34 pm
Im sick and tired of my whirpool washer, its about 6 years old but ive been having issues all along... teraing my clothes, rubber getting moldy etc... The only nice part ive learned about a front loader meanwhile is that the clothes dont get as creased as with a top loader. Ive gotten basically two recommendations...
LG Front loader - which I stay with the front load option, but might have the same issues with the front rubber, and maybe junky parts.
OR
Speed queen - good, old, strong machine. But has an agitator that may crease the clothes and you may be more limited in washing delicate stuff in it.

Anyone with experience, I would appreciate feedback...

(current issue with my whirpool is that its leaving black streaks and dirt on my clothing... clothes are coming out dirtier than theyre going in)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 12:35 pm
I have an LG front loader and BH am very happy with it.

flapsmom

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 12:58 pm
I also have an LG front loader which is what my repairman recommended. I'm overall happy with it although the mold is definitely an issue I need to stay on top of and drives me nuts.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 1:02 pm
I have an Lg top loader without an agitator and I cannot recommend it.
It tears clothes, leaves greasy motor oil stains, soap residue, the bottom plate came off after a year etc.

We tried a speed queen at the local laundromat & while it was fast it left a lot of stains in the clothes.

I long for my parents' washer that lasted 30 plus years and cleaned the clothes with no residue.

Honestly find a good honest repairman and see what they say is easiest and cheapest to fix .
Going anon bec I discussed on fb

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 1:25 pm
I have an LG front loader and I love it!

I heard that the new top loaders without agitators have lots of problems, I would stay away from those.

Yes, my parent's washing machine from 40 years ago still works (they just keep repairing)! But the newer ones are just not the same. I had a Whirlpool that I bought about 15 years ago, and I was never happy with it, and am so glad it finally broke (after 10 years) so I got the LG. The LG is MUCH better!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry