Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Shot blocker-Useful tool for injections

anon for this

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 10:16 am
My child needs daily injections and doesn't like needles. I found a product called "shot blocker" that helps. It's a piece of flexible plastic with tiny dull "spikes" that's applied to the skin right before the injection, so the patient doesn't feel the needle.

My child prefers to look away during the injection also, so he doesn't see the needle going in. We've also used it for a blood draw, just for placing the needle. My child is usually anxious about blood draws and this helped a lot. I haven't tried it with inoculations yet but intend to.

I don't manufacture or sell this product, but you can easily find it online.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 10:34 am
https://buzzyhelps.com/pages/buzzy-works-for

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 11:47 am
Wow, this sounds amazing. I can see lots of uses for fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy, and other nerve diseases. I can't wait to see the continuing research for this!

One good thing coming out of the opioid crisis, is that people are now being force to look at pain management in new and unique ways.

OBnursemom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 11:51 am
My pediatrician uses it. My kids ask for it every time. I’m not sure why or how it works, but it makes them more cooperative and calmer.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 11:59 am
OBnursemom wrote:
My pediatrician uses it. My kids ask for it every time. I’m not sure why or how it works, but it makes them more cooperative and calmer.

It works the same way rubbing a boo boo makes it feel better- when the nervous system get a strong signal of pressure, it inhibits the pain signals from being sent to the central nervous system.

rydys

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 1:06 pm
I tried using this in my office but found it pretty useless. The way it works is it has dull points around the base which cause mild pain, in theory stimulated the pain response in a mild way so the system is already overwhelmed and there is little pain from the shot.

In reality, the kids screamed when I applied the shot blocker and still went hysterical when I actually gave the shot. After trying it for a few months I stopped.

anon for this

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 1:27 pm
rydys wrote:
I tried using this in my office but found it pretty useless. The way it works is it has dull points around the base which cause mild pain, in theory stimulated the pain response in a mild way so the system is already overwhelmed and there is little pain from the shot.

In reality, the kids screamed when I applied the shot blocker and still went hysterical when I actually gave the shot. After trying it for a few months I stopped.

We use it primarily for GH--maybe it works better for that because the needle is so short anyway. I'm sure you know it's important to apply it just a few seconds before inserting the needle.

anon for this

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 1:28 pm
anonymrs wrote:
https://buzzyhelps.com/pages/buzzy-works-for

Cool product! I just don't know if I'd be able use it on Shabbos and Yom Tov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics