Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bump in newborns mouth. Freaked out!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 12:39 am
I just noticed a bump in my 6 week old newborn. It’s in the center on the inside of her lower gum. I’m freaked out. Is it normal?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 12:41 am
Mouth
When your newborn opens his or her mouth to yawn or cry, you may notice some small white spots on the roof of the mouth, usually near the center. These small collections of cells are called Epstein's pearls and, along with fluid-filled cysts sometimes present on the gums, will disappear during the first few weeks.

https://kidshealth.org/en/pare......html

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 10:14 am
Thanx.
It’s not like described in that link. It’s a hard bump. No color. And when I try to look at it, being that it’s behind her gum, I can’t even see it.

salt

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 10:55 am
Is it possible that you could be feeling teeth underneath her gum? I don't know if that's a possibility at that age.
Is it a hassle to get a doctor's appointment? That's what I would do.
Good luck and Mazal tov.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 11:29 am
Dont think it’s teething at this age and besides, it’s a pretty large and protruding bump.

I’ll be seeing the doc tomorrow but in the meantime I’m freaking out.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
Dont think it’s teething at this age and besides, it’s a pretty large and protruding bump.

I’ll be seeing the doc tomorrow but in the meantime I’m freaking out.

Is this your first?

Its a good time to learn techniques to keep yourself from freaking out. You'll enjoy this parenting thing a lot more once you figure those out. (There is a place for concern and anxiety in parenting - it drives us to 'action'. You've taken the action)

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
Is this your first?

Its a good time to learn techniques to keep yourself from freaking out. You'll enjoy this parenting thing a lot more once you figure those out. (There is a place for concern and anxiety in parenting - it drives us to 'action'. You've taken the action)

This is very wise, I’ll have to remember that, thank you.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 11:50 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
This is very wise, I’ll have to remember that, thank you.

Smile

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
Is this your first?

Huh??
No it’s not my first at all. And I fail to see why that makes a difference. You sound like the hatzolah member at my house when my ‘first’ fell off the bed when she was 3 weeks old and didn’t start crying right away. Upon arrival the baby sounded perfectly ok so he tells the other member that we called hatzolah because it’s our first baby.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 12:09 pm
amother wrote:
Huh??
No it’s not my first at all. And I fail to see why that makes a difference. You sound like the hatzolah member at my house when my ‘first’ fell off the bed when she was 3 weeks old and didn’t start crying right away. Upon arrival the baby sounded perfectly ok so he tells the other member that we called hatzolah because it’s our first baby.

Um No.

I didn't say 'your a first time mom you worry too much' - don't seek out expert help.

I said - you've taken the reasonable and responsible course of action of making an appointment with your doctor. Meanwhile you are still 'freaking out' - that couldn't be a pleasant feeling, and its not serving a purpose any more.

Feel free to disregard.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 9:50 pm
How's baby, op?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 10:21 pm
amother wrote:
How's baby, op?

Doc says its probably a structural bump and there is no concern at this time. However, I should watch it to check if it doesn’t get bigger.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics