Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wearing my sheitel on a 12 hour flight? Will it get ruined?

rimon613

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 1:01 am
If I wear my sheitel on a 12 hour plane ride will the style get ruined? Will it get staticky?

vicki

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 1:11 am
Yes, mine gets flat in the back and messy.
I often change to a scarf after we get settled and pack the sheitl in my carry-on.
Whether worn or stored, if the style matters to me - like for a wedding, I do my own wash and blow when I arrive at my destination.

tulips12

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 4:35 am
It Depends on the style. I'm not uncomfortable in my wigs so I just stay in it. Last time I was wearing a permed curly look. I fluffed it in the back with my fingers when we got there and it was fine.

kiryat sefer

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 5:21 am
You answered your question. It will.

potatoes

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 6:00 am
Probably
I have a cheaper , comfortable travel shaitel

gingertop

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 6:01 am
Depends on the style and what you want to wear it for afterwards. I wear my weekday sheitel, curled more tightly than usual. It does flatten a bit but at the end of the flight, I release the curls with my fingers and then it's more wavy rather than curly.
My sheitels did not get staticky.
I wouldn't wear a sheitel that I needed for a dressy occasion just after landing. I put my freshly set sheitels in a shoebox and they hold very nicely like that.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 6:31 am
rimon613 wrote:
If I wear my sheitel on a 12 hour plane ride will the style get ruined? Will it get staticky?

I find it uncomfortable to stay in my wig for a 12 hour flight when I'm so confined on the plane. Start off with your wig but bring something to hang it on when you get uncomfortable and bring something to switch into. It will save more of the style too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels