Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Abuse In Summer, at Camp, Home or Anywhere

debbilcsw

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 7:26 am
Summer is here. Many of us send our kids away to sleepaway camp for a few weeks.

Do we ever wonder who our kids friends will be? Will they be exposed to friends or technology that might be detrimental to their physical and spiritual well being? Will we, Mommy and Totty be around to guide them?
Recently my sister told me that she saw that Rav Paysach Krohn gave a shiur on this topic concerning open communication with your children recorded on a hotline 641 715 3800 Access code 424536# along with HaGaon Rav Yaakov Forcheimer the senior Posek of Lakewood and Dr Shanik who discussed the importance of parents sitting down with their children before sending them away to camp to make sure they know all basic rules of summer safety. I think it is so important for us as parents to be involved in our childrens lives on a daily basis and not to be sitting home while our children are roaming around unsupervised. And we need to give each and every one of our children undivided attention every day so they know that we care for them and want to be there for them always. Rav Shlome Wolbe ZT"L was very into this as essential for proper chinuch. May Hashem help that we give our children the constant attention and care that they need so much, and may we all reap the benefits of nachas and joy from ALL of our children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics