Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Wheat free, yeast free, on the go lunch

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:06 am
Any ideas?
Extra points if I can a bunch to freeze...
Having trouble making lunches that are really easy to eat in the car and don't end up dropping everywhere. Can eat eggs, but not where they're easily identifiable. No omelets or scrambled eggs. My husband's schedule needs that type of on the go lunch. He's been skipping lately as he says that they were hard to eat.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:17 am
On the go, it's easier to eat separate components, than to eat everything out of one bowl. A container of grilled chicken and rice is too difficult to eat but separately packed chicken skewers and a separate tiny bowl or rice of rice is quicker and less messy to eat and can be eaten at separate times.

animeme

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:18 am
I make the carrot muffins from Kids in the Kitchen with oat flour. Any oat based muffin or breakfast cookie made with gluten free flour would work too. Add a bag of veggie sticks and a cup to dump them in and put in the cupholder.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:38 am
Fish- can be made ahead and frozen in portions
Muffins with vegetables- I make with eggs, onions, mushrooms, broccoli....don’t know if that would work with the no eggs thing
Salad
Falafel balls and chumus
Yogurt (I like Greek) with gluten free oats and a little bit of honey or maple syrup
Overnight oatmeal

I’m a firm believer that if it’s good enough for one meal, it’s good enough for any. So although pizza or steak is really not my cup of tea for breakfast, if hats what someone wants, I’m ok with it. That’s why some of my suggestions were more breakfast type foods.

daughterofgod

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:28 am
Chickpeas. Yogurt with hokemade granola. Tuna salad. Vegetable salad.

trixx

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:53 am
Tuna patties - canned salmon and tuna, sautéed kale or spinach and onions

Healthy pancakes from oat flour (buy a gluten free bag and put in food processor) one that uses Greek yogurt

Baked shnitzel

Oatmeal - banana-coconut oil cookies

I have recipes for above if you want

anon for this

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 11:07 am
You can buy gluten-free corn wraps and use those with vegetables and cheese, tuna, or meat. Usually I place spinach or lettuce on the wrap first before adding other fillings so the wrap doesn't get soggy.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 11:19 am
Thank you! Great ideas. I'm going to try these.
He won't do yogurt or salad or something with a utensil due to possible spilling. Wraps involve washing and he doesn't want to wash for lunch.
Going to try some veggie or breakfast muffin ideas. I'll see if he'll go for schnitzel or fish if it's wrapped properly. I think I just need to prepare them better so they're ready for him to just take and run.
Thanks!

anon for this

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 11:25 am
amother wrote:
Thank you! Great ideas. I'm going to try these.
He won't do yogurt or salad or something with a utensil due to possible spilling. Wraps involve washing and he doesn't want to wash for lunch.
Going to try some veggie or breakfast muffin ideas. I'll see if he'll go for schnitzel or fish if it's wrapped properly. I think I just need to prepare them better so they're ready for him to just take and run.
Thanks!

I don't think you need to wash before eating corn tortilla wraps, as they contain none of the 5 grains. Of course you should consult your own halachic authority.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 11:28 am
How about mini dairy quiche at room temperature?
Cheese protein pancakes?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics