Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sheva brachos sunday night following fast of 17 tamuz

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:05 pm
making a Sheva brachos sunday night following fast of 17 tamuz for cousin, about 30 adults and a few kids attending, what style should I go with buffet or nice sit down meal? it's very late and don't want it to go on forever and also ppl are hungry from fasting all day. Same time I want it to be nice for the new couple. (were making it in our house, maariv in house and sb to follow)

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 4:02 pm
amother wrote:
making a Sheva brachos sunday night following fast of 17 tamuz for cousin, about 30 adults and a few kids attending, what style should I go with buffet or nice sit down meal? it's very late and don't want it to go on forever and also ppl are hungry from fasting all day. Same time I want it to be nice for the new couple. (were making it in our house, maariv in house and sb to follow)

Milchig buffet. And lots of cold drinks. Fast is over 9ish so everybody just wants to eat. Maybe bagels, lox etc wiyh one hot dish eg egglant parmesan

heidi

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 4:03 pm
I cannot think of anything I would want to do less than attend a sheva brachot after 17 b'tammuz. Are you sure the chattan and kallah are up for it? Since you haven't started planning maybe you can offer them an out.
If not, I would do lots of bread. A nice thick soup. A fish and a pasta or rice or mashed potatoes. Go light on the salads. People are looking for carbs after a fast.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 4:12 pm
I would do rolls & salad at every setting. A veggie soup & salmon with mashed potatoes as a side dish, a fruit cup for dessert (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes...) Keep it light & hearty.

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 4:15 pm
heidi wrote:
I cannot think of anything I would want to do less than attend a sheva brachot after 17 b'tammuz. Are you sure the chattan and kallah are up for it? Since you haven't started planning maybe you can offer them an out.
If not, I would do lots of bread. A nice thick soup. A fish and a pasta or rice or mashed potatoes. Go light on the salads. People are looking for carbs after a fast.

Agreed that this doesn’t sound like something most people would enjoy

I would do soup, bagels, cream cheese, lox, sliced veggies, one salad and one hot dish.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:

I think buffet would be best in this situation. But have something set at each place as well, besides the buffet, like a roll of some sort and some sort of plated starter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics