Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Please help me draft this letter..

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 10:03 am
Hi,
We were planning to move to a new city. My husband had a job and when we went to sign up for kids school I asked if they had a job for me. Anyway they told me to do a model lesson and they offered me to teach 1st grade.
Anyway I never signed the contract but I definitely wanted the job and I made it clear how interested I was and I was going to sign and mail it back.
Meanwhile my husbands job fell through and after lots of back and forth we decided we really couldn't move without my husband having a job.
Anyway I called the principal and he is really really upset at me.
I want to write him an email to apologize ect. I'm just not sure what to write..
He felt like why did I waste everyone's time bc I had told them we are definitely moving. (and just to show how we were so serious we are in middle of buying a house there and we will just rent it out bc we are not moving) and now it's so. Late for them to find a teacher for next year ect. And I do feel so bad I understood him.
Can anyone help me draft such a letter?

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 10:36 am
This sounds so stressful! I'm sorry you are going through this!

I would carefully explain what you told us above. Explain how you intended to move and where already purchasing a house. You were surprised when dhs job fell through. You didn't feel that it was responsible to move without his job. That you were so disappointed.

If you want actual help drafting and editing, I can help with that too. Write a draft of your own thoughts and pm it to me. But I probably wouldn't get to it til Sunday night. If you are in a rush, say so and I will happily do it motzai shabbos.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 11:43 am
amother wrote:
Hi,
We were planning to move to a new city. My husband had a job and when we went to sign up for kids school I asked if they had a job for me. Anyway they told me to do a model lesson and they offered me to teach 1st grade.
Anyway I never signed the contract but I definitely wanted the job and I made it clear how interested I was and I was going to sign and mail it back.
Meanwhile my husbands job fell through and after lots of back and forth we decided we really couldn't move without my husband having a job.
Anyway I called the principal and he is really really upset at me.
I want to write him an email to apologize ect. I'm just not sure what to write..
He felt like why did I waste everyone's time bc I had told them we are definitely moving. (and just to show how we were so serious we are in middle of buying a house there and we will just rent it out bc we are not moving) and now it's so. Late for them to find a teacher for next year ect. And I do feel so bad I understood him.
Can anyone help me draft such a letter?

(1) Thank you for the opportunity.

(2) Because of an unforeseen change in circumstances, I won't be signing the contract or working for you.

(3) As you know, we intended to relocate and, in preparation, purchased a home and began looking for jobs.

(4) Because of a change of circumstances, we will not be relocating, so I can't work for you.

(5) I truly regret this change of circumstances. Say nice things about the community and the school, and how sorry you are not to be coming.

(6) Wish them well.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 12:16 pm
I would definitely let them know that to your utmost disappointment your husband's job which precipitated and allowed for the move fell through and you need his job for parnassah.
Thank them so much for the opportunity and say how impressed you were with them, the school, the community, and wish them the best.

imasinger

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 12:17 pm
"Dear school,

Sorry I put you out, and now you have to look for another teacher so late in the year.

Believe me, this whole mess isn't hall as much trouble for you as it is for me!

Sincerely,

(J/k)

More seriously,

"I'm sorry for the trouble I put you through in our unfortunate circumstance. I'm very disappointed not to be moving to your area, and working in your school; I had really been looking forward to it, because (list 2 or 3 qualities of the school and staff). Please accept my sincere apologies, and best wishes for the coming year."

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 2:08 pm
Every response upthread was great.
I just want to say that it’s totally not your fault, and he has no reason to be upset with you. It fell through for you too, causing - dare I say it - much more inconvenience for you than for him. Don’t feel guilty. Send a polite, apologetic letter and move on.
I hope your husband finds a different job soon and all your future plans work out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating