Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
New appliances

rachel0615

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:18 pm
We bought a house and need some new appliances. Wondering people's thoughts on this since this is our firs time buying a house. We are trying to be as mindful about money as possible.

1- A black oven is half the price of stainless steal. I love the stainless steal look but is it worth it to spend so much on it?

2- Chest freezer vs stand up freezer. I know standup freezer is more conveniant but is it worth the extra money?

lfab

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:46 pm
Personally I would go with the black oven to save money, but then again I'm not particularly into the stainless look. As for the freezer, I would sirens the extra on the upright freezer. So much easier to use. I used to have a chest freezer and it was such a pain. Now I have a stand up and it is so much easier to keep organized and find what I need inside.

weasley

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 3:11 am
For me ease of use and conveniencertainly would come before looks.

So if I was able I would buy a stand up freezer.

Regarding the oven it would depend on how able we were to splurge and how much it would mean to me. If we were really struggling I wouldn't. If it wouldn't bother me too much I wouldn't. If it meant a lot to me and the price different was manageable I would consider it.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 12:16 am
I got my oven on major sale-discontinued I think. It's stainless steel front and black on top. It was same price as other ovens with the same features.

I plan to replace my upright freezer which is staring to die (hand me down from my parents, and at least 40 years old). I plan to get another upright. No way am I going for a chest freezer. I would never find what I need in there unless it's on the topmost layer. (and I am a very frugal shopper).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains