Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Miele washing machine

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 8:43 am
If you live in Israel and you have a miele washing machine are you happy with it? I'm planning in making aliyah and I was told to buy a machine before I move because it costs double in Israel (than in Europe). Anyway I also learned that miele has no service in Israel. So I'm not sure what to do. I can buy a miele for the price of a bosch in Israel but I will have to call a private person to fix the machine if something happens.
Also, is it true that the machines get ruined quicker in Israel because of the water there? What do you think? Buy a good machine in Europe and have no warranty or buy a simpler machine for the same price in Israel and have normal warranty?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 1:08 pm
Anyone?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 3:49 pm
We have had our Bosch for about 9 years and are very happy with it. We did have to replace a part or two. But if you are better at upkeep than me, you could go longer.

silbergirl

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 3:49 pm
Miele is a very good brand in Europe. I assume it is the same in Israel.

Zeleze

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 3:29 am
I have a Miele the last 2 years or so, and very happy without any problems yet BH

Before I had a Candy and was also fine, just died after about 7 years

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 7:32 am
I know miele is very good quality. But is it worth to pay if I have no warranty (also I can get it for cheaper than in Israel)

MyUsername

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 6:30 pm
If you are making aliyah, you will have zechuyot which cut part of the price of a washing machine - so check if buying in Europe and shipping/importing is really cheaper. We have had bosch, siemens, constructa which we bought here in Israel - they are all great and have good service in Israel.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 8:22 pm
MyUsername wrote:
If you are making aliyah, you will have zechuyot which cut part of the price of a washing machine - so check if buying in Europe and shipping/importing is really cheaper. We have had bosch, siemens, constructa which we bought here in Israel - they are all great and have good service in Israel.
we will have zechuyot also if we buy in Israël? Can you give me more info

London wife

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 11:08 pm
Buy in Israel, I bought a bosch there, was not more expensive than buying in europe (remember: shipping costs, tax etc) also you lose having a warranty if you buy abroad.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 3:29 am
amother wrote:
we will have zechuyot also if we buy in Israël? Can you give me more info

If I recall correctly, when you make aliyah and you buy major appliances (fridge, washing machine, oven) you get to buy them without VAT (which is 17% of the price).

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 3:42 am
We have a Miele for 20 years. About a year ago we had a repairman coming to fix something minor.
Use Calgon or something similar to protect the machine from the water.
Check if it's really worth shipping things.
I just saw a Miele for 3'500 Shekel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions