Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Overnight Babysitter: Lakewood

DVOM

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:28 pm
It's been over four years since my husband and I were able to go away overnight together. He just finished his summer semester, and we are determined to go on vacation alone for one night. We don't have any family we can leave our 4 kids by, which leads me to... this post!

Does anyone have any information for me on hiring an overnight babysitter in Lakewood? If anyone here has done this, I'd love to chat with you! We would need someone who can pick up my little guys from day camp, bring them home, be home when my big guys get off the bus from their day camp, give everyone supper, play with them, put them to bed, sleepover by us, get the kids up, dressed and fed in the morning and bring them to day camp. My boys are well behaved and love love love having babysitters (I couldn't tell you why, but my kids consider this a very big treat.) Everyone is toilet trained and sleeps through the night. My bigger boys are also very helpful with my little boys.

Are there people who do this? How much does it cost? If you've done it, how has it worked out for you? Any info would be so helpful!

tryingmybest

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:48 pm
Your best bet is to find a girl who is just back from seminary or in that age group who is responsible and has a drivers license. Reach out to family and friends and find someone you trust because you are leaving your children for an extended period of time under their supervision.
Other option-the few lucky people who have parents/siblings/in laws who can move in with their kids...

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:53 pm
DVOM it may be easier for you to make arrangements for your boys to stay overnight by friends that go to the same camp. They will be out of the house for the most part. If you divide your kids amongst different families, it's probably easier. You are just talking about one overnight , is that an option? You can always reciprocate the favor to the people that had your kids for that one night and part of the day. That's how I've managed to get away. I just divided the kids amongst friends and neighbors. Watching one is a lot easier than four. Have you considered that option yet?

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 11:29 pm
we also can’t figure out how to get away....

We really have no one here to ask either-

My mom lives in a different state.... I am so tempted to ask her if she can stay in my house for a few days to watch everyone.... but I feel bad, don’t know if that’s right... hard for her to travel and sleep in another bed and deal with everyone ....

Wish we could trade off OP, I’ll watch yours if you watch mine! But one of my kids is very difficult... the others are fine LOL

DVOM

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 7:07 am
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Unfortunately, we have no local family who could move in for a night to help out.

Sending each kid to a friend overnight is a really good option for my three older guys, but my baby is 3 and wouldn't do well in a friends house overnight. He needs his familiar surroundings, and it would be hard for him to be without his big brothers. If we can find an overnight babysitter, I really think it would be the best option.

tzimip

Post Fri, Jun 29 2018, 7:43 am
There's a babysitter chat that has a lot of capable babysitters on it. Pm me and I'll give you info

DVOM

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 8:04 am
Thank you so much for all the help everyone!

We found a lovely overnight babysitter and will be going away for a full 24 hours this week Smile so excited!

bargainlover

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 9:37 am
Yay I am so so happy for you!! Hope you enjoy every minute!!

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 9:40 am
tzimip wrote:
There's a babysitter chat that has a lot of capable babysitters on it. Pm me and I'll give you info

Is this a chat for Lakewood babysitters?

too tired

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:32 pm
is there a chat for Williamsburg sitters too?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics