Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Why are prices for "affordable mountain retreat" secret?
Previous  1  2  3

benny

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 5:18 am
To many ppl having an all Frum place, with minyan and food option is worth extra money... I think it’s fairly reasonable for that.
If you were happy to book a random place it would be cheaper. (I personally prefer to go to a place where I know no one while on vacation- better for family time/family bonding)

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 5:56 am
amother wrote:
I'm curious why one would want to stay in a condo if they're out in the mountains? Wouldn't a cabin out in nature be more in line?

Condo refers to the ownership structure.

They looks like nice cabins.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 6:44 am
Do these prices include activities or is it just the condo?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 7:59 am
studying_torah wrote:
Do these prices include activities or is it just the condo?

Just the condo, activities are extra.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 8:39 am
As someone else mentioned earlier I also thought it may have been required by the place they are renting from. the resort may not want people to compare these prices to their regular prices. Either not to mess up the averaging on price web sites or because the prices are cheaper and they will get complaints.

(Its like when you call some frum stores about reduced floor models and you have to come in to hear the cheapest price. They aren't allowed to publicize the price they are selling for and could lose their rights to sell it).

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 8:40 am
amother wrote:
I'm curious why one would want to stay in a condo if they're out in the mountains? Wouldn't a cabin out in nature be more in line?

They want to be near a minyan. As someone who rents cabins every year we never have a weekday minyan. Its not practical. And they don't necessarily want ntaure - just a vacation to get a away.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics