Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to lakewood-rent Heimish/chasidish young neighborhood

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 8:53 am
We live on a block with lots of kids on it. SO even though I need more house room I also am not looking to downgrade there. I would like maybe a development or block where the kids play outside shabbos and afterschool Also not a very well-off neighborhood because I can't afford to buy the latest clothes from the Jewish store. We don't have out of date clothes we just shop cheaper. I would need 4 bedrooms and but I don't need a whole house apartment is fine. Shul for Dh. Dh wears a streimel shabbos.
We wre not chasidish "cool" but not associated with a kehilla. I already found a school for son and Any suggestions?

INSPIREME

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 9:35 am
Sterling Forest
Chateu Park
Ridge area
Park Ave area

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:53 am
I feel its important for people who move to a developement to know what its like before so they have an idea. so far I dont live in one. but I do live in lakewood and I have heard from many people that they would not prefer a developement. you might be the one who is totally ok with it.

you need to be ready that people there live very close to each other. and see everything. where your going and how you discipline your kids. exactly what is going on in your life. everyone is so close to each other that they get involved in your life very much. this is what I have been hearing. if you dont mind this then go ahead.

some developements are what the other poster mentioned. also locust grove, harmony park, vine park. are alot more chasidish.

locust is a real mix of all different types. chasidish, heimish, and yeshivish. more chasidish though.

its lakewood so you mix and mingle alot.

westgate has some chasidish too. harmony and vine are mostly chasidish, a lot of belz.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
I feel its important for people who move to a developement to know what its like before so they have an idea. so far I dont live in one. but I do live in lakewood and I have heard from many people that they would not prefer a developement. you might be the one who is totally ok with it.

you need to be ready that people there live very close to each other. and see everything. where your going and how you discipline your kids. exactly what is going on in your life. everyone is so close to each other that they get involved in your life very much. this is what I have been hearing. if you dont mind this then go ahead.

some developements are what the other poster mentioned. also locust grove, harmony park, vine park. are alot more chasidish.

locust is a real mix of all different types. chasidish, heimish, and yeshivish. more chasidish though.

its lakewood so you mix and mingle alot.

westgate has some chasidish too. harmony and vine are mostly chasidish, a lot of belz.

Not op.

How is that so different than city life where we literally live on top of each other?
I personally hate that part and would never move to a development but some enjoy it and can't live without constant company. It seems like op is ok with it and wants that kind of lifestyle.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 12:05 pm
I have lived city life for 38 years. and I did not have this over ontop of each other attitude like in developements. I live now in lakewood and not far from one and its exactly how I described it. there are people that are not bothered by this. for me its a deal breaker. for others its a way of life.

and yes I lived in boro park of all places. so I know what city life is like and no I did not have this. its a different type of life. developements are built different. long time lakewooders I live nearby are saying the same. but there are tons of developements and there are many happy people there. different strokes for different folks.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 12:07 pm
stamford meadows on chestnut

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 1:07 pm
OP again, We are on our way to look at some apartment apartment 4-5 bedroom seem to be around 2200 except in areas closer to yeshivah which are alot more. Does that make sense? I would also like to know how much the rent goes up every year in lakewoo

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 1:36 pm
I lived in a development and it was very difficult.
We lived in a center one attached both sides.
First there is a lot of noise that Carrie's thru.
Many ppl just let their kids run around and the community basically watches them (in other words no one does).
Ppl gossip a lot about everyone and there's literally no privacy.
Everyone is in all the backyards, riding other ppl's bikes, climbing on your car etc. It is total hefker.

SingALong

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 2:10 pm
Whispering pines is another heimishe chassidish area, kind of a mixed crowd. It sdevelopment style townhomes 5 bedroom, 2 1/2 bedrooms, most are attached in both sides

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 6:11 pm
Someone IRL suggested Rockwell/Satmar is that a mixed crowed too. If my girls are coming from b.y./ English speaking will they fit in?

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
Someone IRL suggested Rockwell/Satmar is that a mixed crowed too. If my girls are coming from b.y./ English speaking will they fit in?

No. In Rockwell even the renters are yiddish speaking. I suggest you look into Oak n' vine.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 8:12 pm
Would you find girls from tiferes chaya, Bais rochel or Kesser bais yakov living there? Or the more chasidish schools.

TCR

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:
I lived in a development and it was very difficult.
We lived in a center one attached both sides.
First there is a lot of noise that Carrie's thru.
Many ppl just let their kids run around and the community basically watches them (in other words no one does).
Ppl gossip a lot about everyone and there's literally no privacy.
Everyone is in all the backyards, riding other ppl's bikes, climbing on your car etc. It is total hefker.

Saw the same on a regular street, not in a development. Happens wherever houses are close together

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:20 pm
I grew up in BP, live in Lkwd, sounds like I’m similar in type to you - my husband wears a streimel but we’re not associated with a particular chassidus.

Every block and development in Lkwd is different, you really have to ask people who live there. I live in Brookhill, I think it’s the perfect mix where my kids have tons of friends and and an awesome social life but on one is looking over each other’s shoulders. Most of the new developments are duplexes; once the houses are closer together you have that issue. The Brookhill area is a really beautiful mix of heimish, some more chassidish, some less. There are lots of heimish areas-Ridge, Apple, some of Coventry, Wyndham, Stamford Meadows, and others that are much more chassidish.

It might not work for you however, because the houses are very large and the apartments are all basements, some really beautiful basements, but mostly 3 bedrooms. Rent prices fluctuate based on the market, it doesn’t consistently go up.

It makes sense that you could rent a townhouse for 2200. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Good luck!

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 1:20 am
What about Miller/gudz/Attaya area?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 3:37 am
Forest park?
Miller road?
Sterling forest?
Whispering pines....

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 12:52 pm
Bruce St/Dewey
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating