Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Pearl river, NY (Monsey)
Previous  1  2

wifenmother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 11:59 am
I think of the neighborhood as 'Old Monsey'. It's a real mix, though the majority is not chasidish. There are at least as many yeshivish families moving in (even recently) as there are chasidish families.

Cookiegirl

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:34 pm
Just giving this information so you have a heads' up...Pearl River is not the same as Dexter Park. You should also check on whether the Eruv covers (www.eruvmonsey.com). Busing will likely be a problem, so be prepared to drive. Also, the local non-Jewish/not-frum residents of Nanuet, and most likely Pearl River, will be scrutinizing any prayer gathering, so if there is a garage minyan, it is likely in someone's gunsights. Clarkstown is very sensitive to zoning etc. The people don't want the character of their neighborhood to change and there is a lot of fearmongering by the politicians there and in neighboring Orangetown. Hatzlacha.

fabmom

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:41 pm
You know about the busing for certain? The neighborhood in question is in East Ramapo....

wifenmother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:46 pm
fabmom wrote:
You know about the busing for certain? The neighborhood in question is in East Ramapo....

If it's in East Ramapo you should be fine with most schools. Inquire with your childrens' schools.

fabmom

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 2:43 pm
Thank you @wifenmother
What do you mean the old monsey? Style neighborhood? The kind of people. Can you please elaborate? I appreciate it.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 6:07 pm
fabmom wrote:
Thank you @wifenmother
What do you mean the old monsey? Style neighborhood? The kind of people. Can you please elaborate? I appreciate it.
oy I love old Monsey! I’m hoping new city turns out that way ... it basically means everyone is their own type, does their own thing, and gets along. (Diverse standards of living financially and frumkeit wise. )

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:24 pm
I know this is an oldthreadbut what's the neighborhood like these days

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:43 pm
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating