Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Playroom Storage Solutions

Unique

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 7:24 pm
Hi. I'm looking for ideas how to set up our playroom. What do you do if there are no closets? What would be a cost-efficient way to organize a lot of toys and games (approx 50)? I looked at Ikea but their systems seems shallow and many are open. I would really prefer most of the toys not to be in the open. TIA

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 7:44 pm
Put in a cabinet?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 9:30 pm
A cabinet or high out of reach shelving if you don't mind seeing it but want it out of reach.

Unique

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 6:41 am
Thanks. Any other ideas?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 6:51 am
Narrow shelves end up being very neat btw. You'll just need to look harder for containers and things that fit inside. You'll store things in the length instead of the with. But Ikea should have everything you need.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 6:52 am
Plastic drawers such as Keter

Raisin

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 7:05 am
kallax from ikea looks very neat. It may not work for all toys though.

bestme

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 7:14 am
I have a cabinet from IKEA that I brought for a toy closet. I choose the hight, length, doors, shelves and drawers for the cabinet. I am very happy with it because it is just the size that I need for my toys.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 7:23 am
Quote:
I have a cabinet from IKEA that I brought for a toy closet. I choose the hight, length, doors, shelves and drawers for the cabinet. I am very happy with it because it is just the size that I need for my toys.

can you post a link to this cabinet?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 4:26 pm
bump. would also be interested in hearing about the cabinet.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 4:38 pm
I bought storage shelves and buckets from ikea, and I bought a closet with the ability to lock for art supplies and games/puzzles/etc.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 5:10 pm
We use an Ikea kallax with bins for small toys and for books. (books are on the shelf not in bins. We're not at the stage of board games yet, but whatever you decide make sure that games can be taken out without toppling the pile. (Part of me wants to keep games upright using those pot lid holders).

gande

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 5:11 pm
I Like The ikea bucket system for toys that go in buckets. But you need another. Closet for bulky toys and games

momof6girls

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:53 pm
My friend told me a great idea for the games - instead of stacking them in piles you stand it up like books - my closet stays neat because when the kids take out a game they aren't toppling over a pile, and its easy for them to put it right back into place

momof6girls

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:55 pm
I also found that instead of regular labels on the toy box that the kids can't read, I bought the standard clear sterilite (shoebox size) containers & taped inside a paper that has a picture of what's inside - for example cute furniture pictures for all the dollhouse toys, puzzles for the box of puzzles. that way the toddlers know which box to take & put back from

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:06 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I bought storage shelves and buckets from ikea, and I bought a closet with the ability to lock for art supplies and games/puzzles/etc.

what type of closet did you buy?

sky

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:56 am
If you don’t do a cabinet install shelves along a wall.
Buy clear buckets with covers to hold toys on shelves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics