Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Favorite Table clothes from closeout connection?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 11:41 pm
Looking to get one or two dining room table closet he's from closeout connections that don't need plastics over them for a large family - like maybe a leather or a spill Proof damask? I'm out of town, so ordering by internet. Any favorites- that look nice for shabbas and wear well?

cookies6

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:57 am
The spill proof tablecloth has been wearing and washing very well in my house. I would NOT recommend the fake leather - they are actually very difficult to clean.

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 10:42 am
I have one of the faux leather ones and we love it. The only reason why I think it's a teeny tiny drop harder to clean is because of the texture we got, we got one with like an alligator skin, so it takes an extra minute to get crumbs out of it, but other than that it's fine. Certainly if you would get a faux leather one with a smooth texture I don't see why it would be harder to clean at all. It's beautiful and we get complimented on it all the time. I think this is the one we got-

https://www.thecloseoutconnect.....c.htm

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:41 am
I am not the OP and I hope the OP doesn't mind if I add a question about the following specific closeout connection tablecloth:
Crocodile Damask Tablecloth

Does anyone have this one and are you happy with it? Specifically, how thick is it and does it wash well? I am looking to cover my table during the week without a plastic and for my kids to do homework on it. I don't want to spend a lot and this tablecloth is the cheapest that I found for the size that I need.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
I am not the OP and I hope the OP doesn't mind if I add a question about the following specific closeout connection tablecloth:
Crocodile Damask Tablecloth

Does anyone have this one and are you happy with it? Specifically, how thick is it and does it wash well? I am looking to cover my table during the week without a plastic and for my kids to do homework on it. I don't want to spend a lot and this tablecloth is the cheapest that I found for the size that I need.

I bought one of these for an event. It's standard cloth tablecloth thickness and it washes very well.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 1:42 pm
I'm op- anyone can ask anything. I'm interested in any comments on any of the tablecloths.

married123

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 3:50 pm
I have the leather one as well. I end up putting on a plastic so I don’t have to clean off all the crumbs and spills but I’m sure you can use without. It’s thick and beautiful and I have a matching challah cover

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 4:00 pm
I actually love them all (no experience with the leather ones). They all wash nicely in the machine.

oakandfig19

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 9:37 pm
Bumping this up...any one have one of the faux leather ones from closeout connections? Am wondering if it cleans well.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:25 pm
personally dont like the faux ones because of the work involved in the crumbs.......
the regular ones wash very nicely from closeout connaction

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:32 pm
I have the faux leather one - birthday present from my DD. Included in the gift is that she wipes it down every week after Shabbos! I'm very much enjoying it. I use it as is (I never used plastic, don't like it) and after the meal just wipe down the table, and DD spritzes it down after Shabbos.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:36 pm
This is mine, and I LOVE it. https://www.thecloseoutconnect.....c.htm

It is textured, so I use a brush (vegetable type) with some lightly soapy water to scrub the messy spots, and then wipe it down with a dishrag. If that sounds like too much work for you, get a smooth one. These type are VERY heavy duty, and felt backed. You can feel pieces in the store.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:56 pm
I have the same one as kiwi strawberry but mine is white/silver. I love it but it stains terribly. Bolognese sauce and grape juice both stained it. Baking soda got most of it out, but not perfect and ruined the shine where I scrubbed to hard. Ink also transferred from a notebook, as did some of the color from the cover. (I leave it on my dining room table all week, it's too cumbersome to put away). It also gets grimy in the texture. Which I sporadically scrub. Weekly, I sweep it with a little brush, which does a good enough job for me, but not perfect. My sister is much fancier and more meticulous than I am. She has an expensive one from a fancy store. She takes excellent care of hers and hers looks amazing. I don't know if hers is better quality or if it looks better because she is more diligent (and obsessive because she spent a small fortune.)

After I got over the initial disappointment that it was no longer perfect, I stopped stressing and went with good enough and I am very happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics