Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Furnishing rental

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:26 pm
My dh and I are moving in the next few months from our furnished basement apt to an unfurnished basement apt. We are recently married so will have to be buying furniture. We are also bh expecting and hopefully will be moving before the baby comes iyh. We don't intend to stay in this apt forever, basically as long as we can get away with it. I am excited though to finally furnish an apartment since I haven't been able to make many choices with a furnished apartment.

The kitchen is much smaller than the one in our current Apt, but it does have a decently sized closet which can be transformed into a pantry. Note: we are not super handy people with drills and such Wink. Anyone have brilliant ideas how to create a pantry out of a closet? Also don't want to be making such expensive investments in something that will not be long term for us.

Also, the rest of the apartment consists of a smaller bedroom space and a slightly bigger space meant to be dining/living room. I am envisioning having the small room as bedroom with bare necessities and squeezing baby bassinet in for first bit, and using other room for living room/baby room. Dh has other idea to make the bigger room the bedroom but I think it would make for weird situations if we had guests and had to walk through our bedroom every time. We will be starting with my idea first but also thinking of eating meals in kitchen so we don't have to make room for a table in the living room.

Any ideas of how to make the most of a small space on a budget!?

cooksallday

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 10:42 pm
No advice but I'd love to hear some suggestions!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics