Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Yochanan

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 3:24 pm
Has anyone named their son Yochanan? I haven't heard of any big rabbanim or gedolim with the name Yochanan, I just personally like the name and the English name Johann. What names do you think go well with Yochanan?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 7:26 pm
Its usually a sfardic name or Karlin stolin or Rachmistrivke name. There is Reb Yochanan of Stolin who was a big tzadik my father in law is named after him

mpk

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 7:57 pm
The Erlauer Rebbe zā€l was named Yochanon too.

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:43 pm
Johan/John is same name in English I think. Johan is more Germanic sounding. Yochanon is the name of one Maccabees

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:08 pm
By brother's middle name is yochanan.. and it's a kinda funny story, bc apparently, my parents had chosen a different middle name, and when the model brought him to my mom he goes "mazel tov on xxxx yochanan." And my mom was like "no... " They checked the video and my dad said yochanan... And what's amazing is how much it really fits him. bc my brother is one of the most "chaiyn"-adik ppl. Ever.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:31 pm
Yes, I happen to like johann opposed to John.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:32 pm
singleagain wrote:
By brother's middle name is yochanan.. and it's a kinda funny story, bc apparently, my parents had chosen a different middle name, and when the model brought him to my mom he goes "mazel tov on xxxx yochanan." And my mom was like "no... " They checked the video and my dad said yochanan... And what's amazing is how much it really fits him. bc my brother is one of the most "chaiyn"-adik ppl. Ever.

You mean chaiyn like the name yochanan means aidel/ chaiyn...?

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
You mean chaiyn like the name yochanan means side, chaiyn...?

No.. like חן like favor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names