Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Help! I'm a TV addict....
1  2  3  4  Next

madys

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:55 am
.....and I'll be missing the first 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy and The Office due to Yom Tov!!!

What to do?!?!?!?!?

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 10:02 am
Grey's Anatomy you can watch online at abc.com, and look for the full episode player.

You might be able to do the same for The Office. Check the website of the channel.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 10:08 am
We're taping the Office.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 10:10 am
hey let's have a chol hamoed ... tv addicts party ... Drunken Smile ...

anyways ... used to be a tv addict ... I changed to my new addition in november ... can you guess ... I'll give you a hint ... I M A M O T H E R !!! Twisted Evil Nervous Drunken Smile

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 10:28 am
Did you always have a TV? You might want to re-evaulate its place in your life and the life of your family.

If you're serious about this addiction, you might want to look into curing yoursef - cold turky or otherwise. You also might evaluate what else is going on in your life....if you'd be more productive reading, knitting, doing chessed, etc.

That said, I do watch DVDs when exercising....

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 10:40 am
I love lost, criminal minds and painkiller jane...I watch on my computer. I think watching via the computer gives me more control. It isn't an everyday kind of thing, and isn't when the show is on but when I'm tired and really not into anything else.

madys

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 11:43 am
CM - yes, I always had a TV. It was very restricted when I was young - only one hour a day - and I used that hr to watch Little House on the Prairie.

When I was a teen, in college, and newly married, I very rarely watch TV, but now, I'm stuck in the house once the kids are sleeping, and there's nothing else to do.

The house is clean, the kids are sleeping, so I veg out in front of the TV, and it really is addicting. I don't watch during the day, and I also restrict my kids TV watching until after homework is done, and regardless, the TV is off at 7.

but, what else can I do when I'm stuck at home, and bored out of my wits?!?!

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 12:06 pm
Ask a (non jewish) friend if she could tape the episodes for you...

Too bad I will miss the docu from CNN on the family that will try to escape from N Korea..

BTW there is this new show on A&E (at least here it´s new). It aired yesterday it´s called ¨numbers¨ and it seems promising....... But they planned it on the hour of strong medicine... hmmmmm Confused

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 12:10 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
Ask a (non jewish) friend if she could tape the episodes for you...

You are not aloud to do that

ny21

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 12:16 pm
why is that not allowed ? many people that I know have a shabbos ____oy.

madys

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 12:28 pm
We don't tape shows on shabbos or yom tov - it's not in the spirit of the day.... will just have to check it out on-line motzei shabbos. (After cleaning up and a shower!)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 1:56 pm
you wll be able to download the office legally from nbc.com as well, or I can direct you to someone who puts them up on her site.

The OFfice and GA are on the same timeslot this season, how will you waatch them both?

madys

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 2:18 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

The OFfice and GA are on the same timeslot this season, how will you waatch them both?

I didn't realize this shock shock shock Last year The Office was on at 8:30 Sad

drumjj

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 2:27 pm
now I want to watch greys anatomy I love that program after ur posts but it says on abc that u cant watch it if u dont live in the states im very upset.
by the way mady I also have a tv which my husband is out every evening almost and I have it for my sanity what else would I have to do.

cindy324

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 2:28 pm
Time to get TiVo... LOL

shoy18

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:23 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Time to get TiVo... LOL

Yup. we have DVR it automatically tapes all the shows we like that are new this week, if its not new its not taped, and it can tape two shows at the same time!!

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:43 pm
kool ... im going to shoy's ...

anybody into "prison break" ...

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:43 pm
I guess mady you'll just watch GA or The office online every week.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:55 pm
I have a DVR so I dont have to worry about whats on when and that I must watch it then. sometimes I watch an episode a few weeks after it aired cuz thats wen I have time for it. its so much easier and doesnt interfere with sholom bais or housework.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:02 pm
there is a website that has links to movies and tv shows
http://www.ovguide.com/
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics