Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
“Ratatouille” type chopped eggplant

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 12:18 pm
Does anyone have a dip (Something I can serve with First course shabbos) that has a ratatouille type to it that may include eggplant cubes and zucchini, not TOO sweet but definitely not bland and bitter which sometimes is result when using tomato sauce, so maybe a different sauce. I’d serve it room temp I guess

Teomima

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:04 pm
First make sure you salt and drain your eggplant to rid it of any bitterness.

I've often tossed eggplant in a pot, sometimes alone and sometimes with other veggies like zucchini and/or peppers, to make a dip. It's great cooked in its own with plenty of oil, salt, and garlic, or sauteed then mixed with techina (ideally heavy on the salt, lemon, garlic and fresh parsley), or with a sweet chili sauce.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:15 pm
I've done that with cubed eggplant and some red pepper. Olive oil, lots of fresh garlic, coarse salt, no sauce.
And like Teomima says, you have to salt, drain and pat dry the eggplant cubes before starting.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I've done that with cubed eggplant and some red pepper. Olive oil, lots of fresh garlic, coarse salt, no sauce.
And like Teomima says, you have to salt, drain and pat dry the eggplant cubes before starting.

Just clarifying - red pepper as in the vegetable, not the spice, correct? And no onions?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:32 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Just clarifying - red pepper as in the vegetable, not the spice, correct? And no onions?

Correct. I've also done it with some cubed tomatoes instead of the diced red bell peppers.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Correct. I've also done it with some cubed tomatoes instead of the diced red bell peppers.

Thanks!

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 4:09 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics