Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
3-drawer thingy for camp: dimensions?

L K

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 11:40 am
What in the world is the size of the plastic 3-drawer thing (sterilite or rubbermaid?) that *everyone* brings to sleepaway camp?

Do they really stuff it into one of the duffle bags or send as a separate piece of luggage?

I'm having a hard time picturing that lol

Thanks!!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 12:07 pm
It needs to fit under the bed. It's brought to camp filled up with the drawers taped shut as a separate piece of luggage. Though years ago some people used the cardboard version that can be brought flat in the suitcase and disposed of afterwards.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 12:11 pm
What ra_mom said. And a tip - line the sides of the drawers with paper, so that the inner contents are not visible. DD used to pack her undergarments, socks, etc... in these drawers, stuff them, line the sides, and tape them up. This way, when she got to camp she took off the tape and the unpacking for this was done.

I have a set of these drawers that has been used, let's see....for probably about 5 summers of camp, and about to be used for a sixth....

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 12:19 pm
There's also the one hat goes between the beds. It's about 12"x12" and about 2 feet high. You pack it up before camp, tape the draws & wrap it in a garbage bag.

L K

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 12:52 pm
Ra_mom and Chayalle, my dd is talking about a vertical one with pull-out drawers.

Last year I got her a flat one that goes under the bed but she still saying there's some 3-drawer thing out there. The one local store that used to sell them doesn't carry gen anymore, so I have no clue what size and company to get her. They come like I a gazillion sizes.

Does your under- the bed thing come with drawers? It's not a standing one? What model is that?

Thanks

L K

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:
There's also the one hat goes between the beds. It's about 12"x12" and about 2 feet high. You pack it up before camp, tape the draws & wrap it in a garbage bag.

do you know the brand?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 1:07 pm
L K wrote:
do you know the brand?

I think Sterlite sells it. I use it for my tiny Legos. I got it Walmart or Target and it has wheels to move it around with three nice size drawers. When I moved I just kept it full and taped all the drawers shut so that nothing spills out.

Assembled Product Weight
14.2 lb
Number of Drawers
Is Assembly Required
Y
Material
Plastic
Manufacturer Part Number
Model
Brand
Sterilite
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)
14.50 x 12.63 x 24.00 Inches

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 1:19 pm
Find out how high the beds are in camp.

At home I can fit the Sterilite 12×12 ClearView 3 drawer piece (item #2093) under the kids bed if I wanted to (they have one in their closet for their "prizes" so I just checked the size.)

https://theonlinedrugstore.com.....D_BwE

Be careful when shopping online as many look the same but are actually smaller sizes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children