Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Hatorah Lakewood NJ

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 9:53 am
What can you tell me about this school?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 9:58 pm
Bump

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 10:32 pm
My boys are there and we're thrilled with the school. No Yiddish but they learn a ton. Finish all of Chumash by 4th grade. Learn how to lein. And learn navi too. Mixed crowd but more to yeshivish. Great rebbeim.

Any specific questions?

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 12:30 am
My boys are there too. They learn tons and review it so really know it. R' ehrman greets the boys when they get off the bus. It's much better since R' kanarek took it over a few years ago. The English teachers are ladies and very good. It's a simple yeshivish crowd. It's small 2 classes in each grade so not huge and overwhelming for primary boys

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 10:07 am
Thanks!
Some questions: are good middos strongly encouraged? Is it a warm school? How yeshivish is it?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 10:08 am
amother wrote:
My boys are there and we're thrilled with the school. No Yiddish but they learn a ton. Finish all of Chumash by 4th grade. Learn how to lein. And learn navi too. Mixed crowd but more to yeshivish. Great rebbeim.

Any specific questions?

Wow. Sounds like a dream school! Teaching boys things they actually need to know (like leining)!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 11:20 am
How yeshivish is the school? How do the boys treat secular studies? How does it compare to R' Kanarek's other schools?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 11:09 am
amother wrote:
How yeshivish is the school? How do the boys treat secular studies? How does it compare to R' Kanarek's other schools?

I don't know how yeshivish the school is, but my very yeshivish son sends his boys there and he and his wife are extremely happy with it. And my grandsons too.

LO

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 6:33 am
Can someone update this one? Considering sending my son there and just wondering how the school is these days, if anything changed from previous posts. Is the administration easy to deal with if there is an issue? Is the school smoothly run? Are the boys happy? Thanks!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 7:14 am
LO wrote:
Can someone update this one? Considering sending my son there and just wondering how the school is these days, if anything changed from previous posts. Is the administration easy to deal with if there is an issue? Is the school smoothly run? Are the boys happy? Thanks!

It is now called Nachlei Torah. I’ve been very very happy. I am pretty sure the administration is easy to deal with but our sons are very young so we Baruch Hashem haven’t really needed to deal with the admin.
School is pretty smoothly run, I always contact the office if I have questions or concerns and they are very helpful and gracious. The school is not as professional as I imagine a school like orchos chaim or the cheder is, but it works well.

My son is extremely happy. His rebbeim so far were so warm and lovely. He is learning a ton, both limudei kodesh and chol.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics