Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
In need of a push to do my laundry

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 3:54 pm
Because it is overflowing but the mountain is so big I am not motivated to start.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 3:56 pm
Just do one load . One is better than none

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 4:00 pm
Reward yourself. I need prizes to get me through lots of things.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 4:25 pm
I start with an easy load of underwear and pjs because I know I don't have to pretreat or hang anything to dry afterwards - just dump, turn on and transfer to dryer.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 4:30 pm
Usually I tell myself that I cant let the kids go outside dirty because that does not look so good on my end and it gets me off the couch to wash at least their stuff. It does help that my kids are boys under 8 with clothing that is pretty uncomplicated.

Last edited by mha3484 on Thu, Jul 05 2018, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

littleprincess

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 4:32 pm
I just finished ironing 20 shirts . Feel so accomplishing. I decided that ironing relaxes me . Made sure big children are playing with little ones so I don't get disturbed .
My laundry basket is empty !!!

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:38 pm
I had a four compartment laundry basket. Whites, colors, towels and baby’s.

I still need to sort sometimes- for example white shells, tee shirts from DHs shirts, but it makes life much easier because I can see straight away what needs to be washed.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:51 pm
Laundry is magic. You throw dirty, smelly stuff into a machine and push a few buttons. Voila! Clean clothes. Throw it into another machine and come back later. they are dry.
Talk to people who don't have laundry facilities. What a shlep. Better than going to the river to beat the clothes with rocks....Such a sense of accomplishment when the clothes are clean.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:20 pm
This is me most of the time.

Things I do to make it easier:
We also sort the clothes as it comes off into a sectioned hamper. It also gets sprayed if necessary before getting into that basket, so doing laundry just means throwing it into the machine.

Save something fun to do while you fold it, whether it's listening to a book you like or talking to an old friend.

But mostly,it waits until someone is out of some clothing article or there's no more room in the basket.

soap suds

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 10:50 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I had a four compartment laundry basket. Whites, colors, towels and baby’s.

I still need to sort sometimes- for example white shells, tee shirts from DHs shirts, but it makes life much easier because I can see straight away what needs to be washed.

Just curious, why does baby get his/her own compartment?

zigi

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 11:49 pm
Its is easier to keep tiny baby things together it also might be a load with dreft or baby detergent

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 5:27 am
soap suds wrote:
Just curious, why does baby get his/her own compartment?

-he has tons of laundry BH (legit 2 times a week.)
-I wash his clothes separately with up and up baby detergent. It’s better for his skin and plus I don’t wash his wet undershirts (he unfortunately leaks a lot) with our stuff.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 10:06 pm
Sometimes when I'm really not motivated to do laundry I will throw everything in without sorting, besides delicates and whites. I put the machine on cold and gentle cycle. Nothing ever got ruined.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 10:52 pm
I work a lot and have little time for laundry. Cold wash and delicate cycles are my best friends!
I hang most clothes, and only put towels and sheets in the dryer....

Hmmm. But OP said she needed a push, so here! PUSH! Just do it! Cheers Hooray Hooray Cheers Not worthy Hooray Cheers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry