Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Gathering all the shards and pieces

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 9:06 am
When I sit down to translate my inner world to ink, move the internal experience from inside to outside, it's like moving an injured body such as a wounded one on the pavement. Caution is in order, and a slow and deliberate and focused move is required. The entire body must be moved at once. Like if you have a cake in the oven, y'gotta hold it under with a steady arm otherwise it can break.
When I sit down to transfer the inner experience to an outer realm of light, I want to be steady slow deliberate and focused, to have all the pieces. Like cleaning up a mercury from a broken thermometer. To make sure I have ALL the pieces.
My inner experience whether in thought or otherwise is a million pieces of shattered glass, of a shattered container. I want to transfer it all, not only one piece, because one shard does not capture the totality of the experience. That's the trouble here in this plane. The body or the bodily experience is like a funnel. It is like a flashlight that shines its light on a limited spot, and I want one that shines on as wide a circle as possible and to find words that are inclusive of the all.
I want to capture all of it.

ssspectacular

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 9:51 am
Love your writing.
Is this a question or just a reflection?

Zehava

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 12:13 pm
I find it helps to focus on one shard at a time and tell that particular story. And on a different day a different peice. And try to write freely without overthinking. Whatever comes to mind. It’s your story. Tell it the way you want.

sl18

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 11:19 am
Nice! I just discovered the Imamother writing club...

Is there anything I need to know? I think this is a great forum!

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 1:56 pm
I think I can relate. Sounds like you're on the way, OP!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club