Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Boring job

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 7:40 pm
My job is so lonely and boring. I'm the only one in the office, and the job itself is not that stimulating. I like other aspects of the job (such as the location, hours, employer, benefits) , so I'm not looking to change, but it gets painfully boring. I find myself checking my phone a LOT just because I can't handle the monotony. And I am an introvert (ISFJ-T), but it's too much solitude for even me.
Advice?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:34 pm
Why not study toward a degree or take on knitting or something. I'd love to learn a new hobby. Boredom is awful so hugs to u

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:36 pm
Radio. Podcasts. Books. Call a another lonely person.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:52 pm
Let your boss know that you have some free time and ask if there is a new project he would like you to take on.
I've done that more than once. It helped me in the long run as I learned more and moved up. My bosses always appreciated when I took the initiative and offered to do something more challenging .

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 5:17 pm
Learn to take frequent short breaks and engage yourself with an activity - read a book, crossword puzzles/sudoku, crochet/knit, sketch a picture, mosaics, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics