Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep regression? Please help ๐Ÿ™ˆ

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:06 pm
My 3 month old was an amazing sleeper from when he was 2.5 weeks old. Now he's waking up 3+ times a night and only naps for 40 mins max

All advice welcome, I really don't function without sleep. It's been three days and my head is exploding and I'm an emotional mess.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:27 pm
He could be starting to teeth. Mine did that early. Or he may be hungrier...try feeding more often evening time or give a formula bottle. All my babys went through stages of good/bad sleeping. Try to remember it's a stage. Go easy on yourself till it passes. Get more help if you can. If you went back to work this can really be excruciatingly difficult... Relax!!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:46 pm
Babies go through a sleep regression at four months, when they begin to experience more regular sleep cycles, similar to adults. You can Google it, thereโ€™s lots of information about it. Or hereโ€™s a link: http://www.weebeedreaming.com/.....ssion

I somehow endured two months of it and then sleep trained using the Sleepeasy Solution book at six months. Saved me, my baby and my life were disasters until then. Highly recommend choosing a sleep training plan and sticking to it as consistently as possible. Best of luck, sleep deprivation is torture.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:50 pm
He was teething a week or so ago, was cranky and drooling and could chew my finger all day if I let. But now it's just the sleep ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ.

Google hasn't really been helpful with solutions, just confirmed my fear. I'm working and don't have family to fall back on. Oh gosh. It's going to be a long few weeks.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:53 pm
amother wrote:
He was teething a week or so ago, was cranky and drooling and could chew my finger all day if I let. But now it's just the sleep ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ.

Google hasn't really been helpful with solutions, just confirmed my fear. I'm working and don't have family to fall back on. Oh gosh. It's going to be a long few weeks.

What about dh? Did you try a swaddle blanket?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:58 pm
I do the 5ss every night and they have been amazing so he's swaddled and there's white noise.

My husband is also working, he's not great with babies (it's the first, he's learning) and there isn't much he can do since I'm nursing and don't give formula

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 9:41 pm
Babies' sleep patterns do change as they grow, and from teething, sickness, etc. I found many helpful suggestions in The No Cry Sleep Solution (book) that really helped when the patterns got difficult. I liked this book because it didn't force me to change things like co-sleeping or nursing to sleep, while still helping get to a better place.

Wishing you much nachas, and plenty of sleep!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics