Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
ISO clean novels to read (for me)
Previous  1  2  3

LeahRivka

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 5:43 pm
smss wrote:
Add Rosamunde Pilcher to the list. .

The Shell Seekers was very good!

Reading After Anna by Lisa Scottoline and it is good also.

LeahRivka

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 11:41 pm
Finished After Anna by Scottoline. Did not enjoy it after all. Now I'm reading All the Light We Cannot See, and it is really good so far.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 12:28 am
Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes.

Anything by James Herriot, if you haven't read them yet (not sure if it's considered fiction or not, but very interesting!).

I also really like Debbie Macomber. It's romance, but relatively clean. Not super high literature, but good for a light read.

Also, I see nobody mentioned LM Montgomery. Besides for the Anne series, she has the Emily series. It's definitely good for adults, I'm still re-reading them periodically!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 12:45 am
Marian Keyes has some really good books, but I wouldn't categorize any of them as clean...she herself described Rachel's Holiday as "full of drugs and s*x" iirc.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 12:57 am
amother wrote:
Marian Keyes has some really good books, but I wouldn't categorize any of them as clean...she herself described Rachel's Holiday as "full of drugs and s*x" iirc.

No, Rachel's Holiday is different. Very interesting read about a woman who is trying (or not trying) to kick an addiction. I don't remember any explicit scenes in that book. I don't recommend her other books, though.

Oh, and Sophie Kinsella is great reading, fairly clean.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 1:32 am
Yes, Rachel's Holiday absolutely has explicit scenes. I've read it several times, so I should know;)

LeahRivka

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 10:46 pm
WastingTime wrote:
All the light we cannot see was great. I even told my husband who doesn't read anything secular to read it

Just finished this book today. Such an incredible book! So rich and beautifully written, and very emotional towards the end. Don't want to give away anything, but I highly recommend it.

kenz

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:44 am
smss wrote:
She uses the f-word SO much though. I can deal with occasional profanity but with her it's like every other page...
And she might not be X-rated but she definitely has s-x scenes...

And quite a bit of incest/abuse in some of them. Nothing I'd want my daughters reading.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 1:30 am
Fly By Night, by Francis Hardinge.

Actually, anything by Francis Hardinge. She's terrific.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room