Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
RSVP help needed!!

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 6:03 pm
We do all of our girls' Bas Mitzvahs in our home. A nice "open house" simcha on a Sunday afternoon. Nothing too formal. We send nice printed invitations. For RSVP responses we used to just put the phone number, then starting including an email in hope that people would reply before we'd have to message them. Neither works.
I'm thinking for my daughter whose Bas Mitzvah is soon to include a stamped reply card. Do you think that is too formal for a simcha held at home?
Thank you!!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 6:05 pm
I think people have an easier time texting and emailing as opposed to sticking a return card in the mail box

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 6:05 pm
Yes it's formal, but if it will help you get the information you need and you don't mind the extra expense, why not?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:10 pm
amother wrote:
We do all of our girls' Bas Mitzvahs in our home. A nice "open house" simcha on a Sunday afternoon. Nothing too formal. We send nice printed invitations. For RSVP responses we used to just put the phone number, then starting including an email in hope that people would reply before we'd have to message them. Neither works.
I'm thinking for my daughter whose Bas Mitzvah is soon to include a stamped reply card. Do you think that is too formal for a simcha held at home?
Thank you!!

I think open house simchas shouldn’t require a commitment by the guest. I think that’s the message you are receiving by people not replying.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:18 pm
I just feel if it’s too hard for someone to send a text or email, getting them to go to the mail box will be asking too much.

Last week I got an e-invitation to a Bar Mitzvah and RSVPing to it was made very easy because I had to click a button on the invitation. Maybe try that? If you really want results, call each invitee and ask them for their email address, telling them it’s because you are sending an e-invitation and please can they RSVP when they get it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics